- Feeling pressured to do another cycle is something that is so foreign to people who have to pay out of pocket, but Rosie and I were discussing it (we meet up in "real life"!) and having "all you can do" IVF cycles is a bit overwhelming. Yes, it's great that I'm not thousands and thousands of dollars in debt -- but would I still be doing this if I was? I think 'stopping' would be much easier if we had to consider $15,000/cycle - but since we pay almost nothing (just for needles and co-pays --- and the nurses usually sneak me plenty of free needles!), we have more pressure to keep going. EVERYONE in my life says "why switch to adoption? You know you can get pregnant - just do more cycles!" without understand how SOUL-CRUSHING each cycle is...
- so glad to hear you had a good talk with your mom. Mine got married on Sunday, but I've been dodging her calls since. She doesn't know we are doing the IVF again (she really wants us to wait until July - one year post-C-section), but I really want to tell her some good news. I'm hoping I can push off our talk until next week and I can tell her I'm pregnant! -- btw, about your DS, my grandfather passed away when I was 12 and it was the first death in the family I had to deal with. It was the first time I had ever thought about death, and that scared me more than losing my grandfather. I was suddenly afraid that my mom or dad or siblings could die just like my grandpa had (even though he had been old and losing a battle with cancer).
- I can't for the life of me figure out if the Obama Chia Pet is for people who LIKE Obama (and Chia Pets?), or people who don't like him (and want to make fun of him). Who would buy that? (Although, now that I've seen it, I kinda think it would be a great gag gift -- but again, for Obama supporters or opponents?)
- yay! I'm so excited for you! It's such a relief to learn that the injections are working!
- welcome! I'm in my 2ww wait too -- and I hate it! This is my 7th IVF 2ww -- they don't get any easier! I don't do anything special (no bed rest, no restrictions -- ) and I've gotten pregnant on half of my cycles, so try not to worry! Some of the acronyms on this site have an underline underneath them, if you 'mouse-over' (ie, hover with the cursor), the definition will show up.
amazing how fast that ticker is going! I'm sure you are counting every single day - but I can't believe you are 9.5 weeks already! Hopefully time will fly by!
- congrats on your MIL moving out! When we moved to Israel 4+ years ago, we lived with my mom for 2 weeks (before our flight. We had to send our stuff ahead!) and then with my inlaws for 4 weeks (while we looked for a place to live). GAH! Most stressful 6 weeks of my life! I'm glad y'all have a place to yourselves again!
- no worries. Lots of big hugs.
- yay! Almost 7 weeks! And feeling like your doctor is on top of things is great -- I never trust my doctors, and that's so hard.
- YAY! Your betas are really high! I'm so excited for your u/s! (Where do you go? Back to Assuta, or here at Maccabi?)
I don't know!
I see a faint line on all the tests, but usually only towards the end of the 10 min time limit or after that. I'm not 100% sure the line is pink. I'm really really really hoping that this isn't just an indent/evap line. I've used this brand test in the past and never had false lines - but this is a new batch. Would I get an indent/evap on EVERY test?
I don't know what to think!
I'll keep testing, and I'm dying for my blood test. Probably on Sunday!
obsess with me, if you'd like