- I told my clinic I was doing acupuncture (I've since stopped) and they were like "whatever, it probably won't do anything, but it won't hurt" but when I said the acupuncturist wanted me to take herbs too, they said "definitely not". I know people do take supplements all the time, but I figured I'd rather it not interfere with my "western" medicine. I used to do acupuncture (thinking, why not?) but I found that for me, it was just another thing I had to schedule and go to and do. When I'm cycling, I'm already so crazy and busy (running to the clinic before work, making sure I'm home to take my injections, running tot he pharmacy) that I found the acupuncture was just added stress, so I stopped.
- I definitely think the PMA is just gone. I'm doing a new cycle, not because I actually believe I could have a baby, but because it's just 'what I do'. How depressing is that? I'm constantly thinking about the NEXT cycle. I never actually believe this will work.
- You're still really early, but I totally understand how you feel - like a little piece of you dies with every negative test. I really hope today's is better...
- I don't keep my HPTs either, but I do take pictures of them, so I can obsess about them and compare different days' tests! If you are getting BFPs, you are 100% pregnant! Of course, there are a million little milestones before you get your baby, but you are on the right track and odds are in your favor!
- thank goodness for the speedy turn around time -- I really hate the waiting game!The only time in this whole process that I feel calm is the first few days after ET -- everything leading up to transfer has gone well, but too early to obsess about HPTs. Everything else - even waiting between cycles - drives me nuts. Congrats on your fert report! I think your plan sounds like a good idea. Good luck Friday!
- hi! Just jump on in! Tell us a little about yourself. If you'd like to add a signature to your posts, go to the User Control Panel in the blue bar at the top, then the second tab "Profile" and then the second tab under there called "Edit Signature".
- sounds like a plan! Several people have traveled for their IVF (I know Margi went all the way to California!)
- the 2ww is nuts! Just a few more days! Try to do something to distract yourself.
- I'm so sorry you are dealing with your mother's cancer on top of all this. My last transfer was a FET, so no sore ovaries. I think that's why they are okay with going again so soon. Have you done a HSG before? I've done 2 and I never had any problems, not even any cramping. Just make sure to bring a big-ole pad with you -- the dye leaks out for a few hours.
- blinkies mean you are feeling better?
We've never had to do timed intercourse - in fact sex has never been part of our fertility attempts! - and I'm finding a silver lining -- that our sex life doesn't have the added stress that trying to get pregnant adds. That can be really rough. I want us to have sex when we want to have sex, not because I'm ovulating or whatever. I also know it would be best to wait (let my body heal, lose some weight, get our careers more on track) but I just can't.
Nicole (blue eyed)
- congrats on starting BCP. Every little step forward is good. I have mostly lost my faith in God and don't pray at all anymore, but I definitely also appreciate when other people pray for me. Congrats on acing your ASL test! I hope you can take the next course too!
- I forgot to tell y'all - yesterday at the clinic (a main,regular clinic, not the IVF clinic, but I only needed a blood draw and that clinic is closer to work), the blood tech saw that I was doing a beta hcg and said "good luck! have a great pregnancy" - I told him not to tell people that -- some of us are there for miscarriage follow up. I hope he listened and doesn't do that again.
Today's another waiting day. The bleeding appears to have stopped, but will probably start up again. The nurse told me to expect on and off bleeding until my beta is at zero.
I hate waiting, but I can handle waiting another 10 days. I really hope it doesn't take any longer than that.
HMS Pinafore opens in 12 days - so I'm super busy with that. It's so fun to get on stage in costume and only think about poor Ralph and pretty Josephine for 2 hours. A huge distraction, which is wonderful!
I'm sooooo exhausted, even though I've been getting good sleep. I'd bet my iron levels are low again. I'm always borderline anemic, and take a ton of iron supplements, but I'm sure my levels have dipped again because of the miscarriage bleeding. Maybe I'll call my regular GP and ask for a THIRD kind of supplement!