- nope. No way this is a viable pregnancy.
I'm so jealous of your baking! I have no time right now because of rehearsals - but I love to bake too! Your holiday plans sound awesome - enjoy!
- that's fantastic! Waiting for the u/s is always so long... how many weeks/days will you be then? You should add a pregnancy ticker
5 dogs? Wow! We have one, and tried taking in another but it was too much work. I love my "furbaby" though! I wasn't raised with pets, so when DH wanted a dog (he grew up with a dog who still lives with his parents), I was really hesitant. I told him the dog would be HIS dog and I wouldn't have to touch it or feed it or walk it and it definitely would not sleep in our bed with us! 3 years later -- he is a family member, we sleep in "his bed" and he is our little "baby monster"
- as far as I know, the Catholic Church is the only religion that has a problem with IVF (as for what to do with "extra" embryos - that's a religious/moral issue for a lot of people. I don't think I could "discard" embryos - but if I had embryos but didn't want another pregnancy - I'm not sure of what we would do). Judaism has no problems with IVF, but there is a problem with "unnecessary spilling of seed" - but come'on - I know most guys masturbate sometimes! Some Jews hold really stringently about not spilling seed - and disallow any male ejaclation outside of a woman's vagina (no handjobs, no oral sex, no anal sex, no masturbation). In order to get semen samples from these guys, some are willing to use condoms (special condoms without spermicide, then they bring the used condom to the lab) but some are so stringent they won't have sex with a condom - so they have to do "post coital semen collection" which sounds AWFUL! I'm totally okay with D "producing" his sample "on demand" for both semen analysis tests and ESPECIALLY for the IVF fertilization. Honestly, I'm sure he 'spills seed' on his own, and this 'spilling seed' *is* necessary -- ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'LL BE USED TO GET ME PREGNANT! I don't understand how some Jews aren't okay with masturbating into a cup for the fertilization part of IVF -- sheesh! How is that 'waste'?! <vent over>
I'm impressed with the 5 miles too! Go girl! I'm waaaay overweight at this point (98 kg, which I'm afraid to convert into pounds - as I only 'understand' pounds, not kilos! but somewhere scarily about 200 lb) and I know how you feel schlepping the extra weight around. Good job though for trying to lose it. I'm such a slacker...Microsoft, huh? That's so cool! I'm so glad you get such great benefits!
- yeah, huh? How much suckier could this get? I feel like God/the universe sees it as a challenge -- "Leora's life sucks so much, how could we possibly make it worse?" Oy. --- Happy Hanukah to you too!
- I'm so so so sorry about your BFN. Big big hugs. I hope adoption or foster-to-adopt or embryo donation/adoption work out for you in the future...
- I was told a definite 3 month wait after methotrexate because the abortitve will still be in your system. In any case, hopefully no methotrexate even though this definitely is ectopic...
- I hope you can make a decision about another IVF vs egg donor that makes you and your husband content...