- just so you know, being young does have some advantages (ie, I have plenty of time to do as many treatments as I want), but really isn't a comfort. The way I feel is - those who are older have a lower chance of success, but got the chance to enjoy their 20s and live so much of their lives without this stress. Yes, because I'm young I have a better chance of success in the long run -- but I also have so much more of my life to live under this shadow. I hope that makes sense. I say to reach out to her. Tell her that you feel so much of the same stress. I find that no one has the exact same story or feels the exact same way about things, but it's so nice to know someone who understands, even if only a little bit.
Congrats on starting stims! I take Menopur and Orgalutran - and I've never been told anything about not taking them together. I usually take them both around 5pm in the evening.
usually I'm a big fan of peeing - but step away from the pee sticks! Don't obsess about the darkness of the line -- so many things can affect that (urine concentration, dye concentration in that particular stick, etc). Try to wait for your beta tomorrow! You are definitely pregnant! But I definitely know how you feel -- a BFP is only the beginning and we both know how much can still go wrong before that baby is in your arms. But BFP is definitely a step in the right direction!
- good luck with your husband's wrist! I've had plenty of operations (unfortunately...) but everything will be fine! Still bleeding? That's so weird. Can you ask a doctor about it?
Karen (kbillsy - your name is Karen, right?)
- WOW! Congrats! I would check out the "Triplet Moms and Moms to Be" group on BabyCenter -- you'll find lots of info there. Good luck! Carrying 3 will be a real challenge!
- I hope your supplements work too. We've asked about supplements, but we were told that my egg quality is fantastic, and D's sperm count is so low, it's doubtful it would ever make a difference (ie, we'd still need IVF/ICSI) so we've been saving our money instead of buying supplements.
I definitely agree that way too many couple's leave counseling until too late. I recommend counseling to any of my friends who say things are a little rocky - it's easier to fix a small rip than patch a giant rift. But, yes, this guy handled this SOOO immaturely and meanly.
I can't forget about how far along I *should* be and it's so hard. <hugs>
I hope you are enjoying starting you PIO on Christmas. I'm sure you've never wished for a giant needle in the butt, but that's what you've got this year!
12mm lining sounds right on track!
Nicole (blue eyed)
- Wow - all that baking sounds great! I was lazy and made muffins from a mix. --- I'm so sorry that your in-laws reacted so badly - but this is terrible news and crying is appropriate. I'm sorry that he was prying with questions instead of supportive. I agree - this is always hard.
wow! Jan 4th is a long wait. How far along will you be? I hope you had fun telling your family on Xmas eve!
- oy, I'm sorry you are still dealing with draining! That's sucks. But your beta sounds awesome! You have a follow up beta again or a wait for an u/s?
- 14 weeks pregnant - what a great Christmas gift!
- well.... we didn't get a white Christmas here in Jerusalem -- we got a WET one! Huge amounts of rain - which is fantastic for our drought ridden country - but a little annoying!
I had to go to the clinic this morning for my beta blood draw. Of course, with my luck, I had forgotten my raincoat at work on Thursday afternoon, but figured it would fine getting it Sunday morning (and not worth the trouble to get into the office on a weekend). I hate umbrellas, so I don't even own one. I had to do some walking, so I decided (stupidly) to wear my sneakers instead of my less-comfortable rain boots - and forgot each sneaker has a hole in the sole! So now my feet are FREEZING and my socks are soaked.
I'll run out to buy a dry pair of socks and maybe a cheap pair of slippers later. I start work really early, so none of the surronding stores are open yet!
I'm (VERY IMPATIENTLY!) waiting for my beta results. Hoping for at least a drop....