- have you thought about taking something for the anxiety? I used to get so anxious if I knew I was going to be around new people, or in new places - I used to puke before I would meet people (the first day of the new semester, a new doctor, a new roommate, etc). I started taking anti-depressants for depression and it totally helps my anxiety. I used to be so anxious before traveling, that I thought I just didn't like to travel. But now that the anxiety is under control a little bit, I LOVE travelling.
- wow, I guess I got cut off mid-sentence! What I was saying is that at every new work place (and there have been 2 new jobs in the last 6 months), whenever I say that it's for fertility treamtments (which I have to say because here in Israel, time off for fertility treatments is paid, as opposed to regular sick days which are only 50% paid), I find that SOMEONE in the office has also done some kind of treatment. Now, the woman I work with has 13yo twins from an IUI and a 7yo from IVF. So when I need time off, or to come in late, she totally understands (and so does everyone else, who remembers her doing the treatments years ago... yup, they've almost all been here 10+ years, I'm really the newbie!)
btw - I love that we live in a place that people would come to visit anyways - because we get to see people who we wouldn't see if we lived in a more 'out of the way' place. Maybe your mom WANTS to come for spring break? Lots of cute boys in bathing suits!
- we watched "The Grey" - super scary, but I love Liam Neeson!
Basketball (watching) sounds like fun!
- Antonia isn't cycling so much these days, so she isn't around as much as she used to be (which is totally fine and normal, if you are reading this Antonia!) If you want to get in touch with her, we are friends on facebook. I can PM you her name so you can find her! Are you cycling again soon?
- I guess you are doing an antagonist cycle - adding the Ganirelix is totally normal at this stage. I usually start it from day 5-6 of stims.
- my DH is originally from NoCal (San Jose and Palo Alto) and he can't believe I've never been to California. He says that NoCal is the best place in the world to live, and we would live there if we weren't religious Jews living in Jerusalem Israel
Congrats on your first shot! It's not so bad, is it?
- good luck at ER today! I hope all your eggs make great embryos!
- wow! That ship makes our little Norwegian Jade look like a peanut! There were balconies facing the courtyard, instead of the ocean? weird. Looks like y'all had fun! I'm so glad to know the twins are doing well -- any early sex guesses?
- my appetite goes all wacky during a stim cycle. good luck with your SnS today!
- welcome. I lost boy/girl twins at 22 weeks (pPROM) and twin boys in the NICU who were born at only 24 wks. So hard to get soooooo close and then come home without a baby. I'm so sorry for your loss. Good luck with your new cycle. When is your beta? are you going to take home pregnancy tests before?
- well, this organization that I've mentioned that does all kinds of things for women doing IVF (subsidized therapy, subsidized massages, etc) has a personal trainer that you can meet 6 times (30min sessions). I met with her this morning (at 6am! The only time we could meet was before work!) Because I'm with this org, I also get a month free membership at a certain gym.
The session went great. She didn't tell me anything I didn't know - cut out white sugar/flour, aerobic exercise - but I think it'll help a lot to have someone pushing me. I promised to go to the gym for the 30min workout she prescribed at least 4 times before we meet again next Tuesday, and keep a food journal.
This is really important, not only for my weight (over 200lbs! gulp!) but also for my overall health. Becuase of the PCO, I'm insulin resistant (or the other way around, they dont' know which causes which!) which makes me high risk for developing diabetes (it doesn't help that 2 grandparents developed diabetes). I'm also just sick of schlepping my fat self around. When I weight 170, I was comfortable. I was fat, but I could move easily and never felt strained. Now, at 210, I just feel like I'm dragging my butt around. I don't need to get thin, I need to get in shape.