- I hope your ER goes really well today! DH never came to any of my u/s for the IVF, and he missed my first transfer (because he was in basic training -- he got the day off to come to ER, when I would be in surgery and he needed to provide his half). The first time he saw a TVUS was when I was 5.5 weeks pregnant -- he was told it would be an u/s and I guess he expected an abdominal one. Well, we went into the IVF clinic, and into the u/s room. I said good morning to the tech (who I knew from all the stimming u/s) and dropped my pants. I climbed up and put my feet in the stirrups. The tech slid a condom on the 'dildo cam' and put it in. I think DH's jaw dropped to the floor
More seriously, my DH has come to about half of my transfers (mostly he didn't make some because of work schedules - especially when he had missed work a few days earlier for the ER). Like I said for birth as well, I want DH to be there, but at the 'head' part. He can stand near your head, and he won't see anything. (Granted, my DH decided that once he wanted to watch the actual transfer from the 'business end'... but he hasn't done that again!
I've never heard of taking such a big follistim injection after triggering! I'm usually told to take a half dose of the stims (Follistim or Menopur or whatever) and a Ganirelix at around 1pm and then trigger around 8pm. Weird.
- another beta today! Yay! No pics of the HPT for those of us who live for that?
- WTF? I've never heard of someone getting a period so early into the 2ww. Weird. Very weird. I have to say, that as you probably think too, I doubt this is a good sign. But it's definitely weird. Good luck POAS. Are you going to wait until Wednesday?
- I'm glad the visit with your mom was good. I miss mine! Funny how whenever we are together, we fight, but when we are 6,000 miles apart, we miss each other! I'm so sorry you are stuck in this stupid position. It's so hard to take such a huge loan without being secure career wise, especially when the IVF isn't a guaranteed thing. (I know a bunch of people do adoption instead of IVF because it *is* guaranteed -- you do always end with a child.) I wish I could help out! I wish I had a million dollars so I could pay for all of y'alls IVFs and none of you would have to worry about finances.
- betas are weird. Under 5 is definitely not pregnant, but only above 25 is considered pregnant. Between 25-5 is normal variant. It's doubtful that you got pregnant and lost it, your beta would have been higher. Sorry. FETs are MUCH easier physically - I hope you get the green light to do it soon!
- Last BCP tonight!
I'm starting to worry. I know the most likely outcome is BFN, and that is soooo crushing. But I'm also terrified about a BFP.
In other news - it seems the working out and dieting is working. My weekly weigh in shows I lost 1/2 kilo (about a lb). This is week 3, but week 2 didn't show any weight loss. I'm pretty psyched and it's really encouraging. My trainer says not to get too excited about the weight loss, because then in weeks when I don't lose, I'll get bummed - but I'm still psyched!
I've gained about 8 kg (about 17 lbs) since losing the boys this summer. I really want to take that weight off, and then more.