- you dream about us? How cute
No worries - I sometimes address personals to the wrong person, it's okay! -- I know we've never really met (or even talked on the phone) but I feel like I know you and you are one of my best friends. I really wish I could help...
- ugh. I'm sorry. How many eggs have you had in previous cycles? Remember, it only takes one good one! (Lou had only a single day 3 embryo to transfer, after failed cycles with multiple perfect blasts to transfer - and she has a beautiful baby girl.) How much longer until you trigger?
- how are you holding up? Have you had your follow up with your doctor? What does he recommend doing next?
- I totally understand why you have to stay away. It's so hard when you feel stuck not doing anything. I really hope something happens in the job-search for you soon! Congrats on being one of the 8 of the 1000 applicants -- hopefully you'll be the ONE they hire! I'm not watching "HomeLand", but lots of people say I should. Happy Easter!
- we got to clearly see the babies' sexes at 16 weeks. If your tech is willing to do it, you should be able to tell. Good luck and let us know! -- btw "delicious Passover food" is an oxymoron -- there ain't no such thang!
I'm eating lots of fruit and potatoes....
- don't you have national health care in Ireland? You still have to pay 5,000 EUR per cycle? I have to pay co-pays, but it usually totals less than $1,000. The bleeding stopped? So weird. Let us know how POAS goes today.
- OF COURSE! Welcome back!
Are you starting a new cycle soon?
- I hope the PGD report was great... so stressful to wait. Do you want to know the embryos' sexes before you transfer. I find that a weird part of PGD - but it would be great to know the baby's sex even in the first trimester -- but I think it makes a BFN harder...
- I think you should add a pregnancy ticker!
Make one on LilyPie or whatever, then copy the IMAGE URL into your signature inside the IMG brackets... you must be 5+ weeks...
- for me, the endometrial biopsies were just to try to improve implantation rates (my old doctor was participating in the study). I would go into the office (even without an appt), get up on the gynecological chair, the doctor would come in, put a speculum in, then thread the pipe-cleaner-like-thingy up through my cervix and scrape. I left, and went to work. Some spotting that day, and lots of cramping. Ask your doctor for more details on what he wants to do.
-that is a great fert rate! I think you are definitely on track for a day 5 transfer. As for how many to transfer ---- the ideal outcome is always a singleton pregnancy. I know people think that after all the treatments and IF - twins would be great, but twin pregnancy are super risky for both mom and babies. There are SOOOO many more complications with twins. SETs really are much better. In the past, when the technology was newer, they transferred more embryos. Nowadays - the odds of live birth (not pregnancy -- but actually taking a baby home) are exactly the same with SET and DET (with good quality embryos). I would go for the SET, especially with a day 5 blastocyst. Like everyone else, I want to get pregnant more than anything, but SETs really are the right thing to do, especially if your issue isn't age or egg quality (which I don't think yours is, right? Just the blocked tubes?)
- officially on AF watch - even though I don't expect her until Thursday at the earliest. I'm getting nervous. I woke up and puked this morning -- of course, my first reaction was to take a HPT (which was negative of course), but I think it was just nerves and stress. And we haven't even started yet! Sometimes the anticipation is worse than the cycle.