500 pages! crazy!
I can't believe how far this board has come along (does this site have page limits?
- that sounds like a crazy day (and I'm so bad with cars that when I took mine to it's first inspection test, 2 years after buying it, I had NO IDEA how to *open the hood*. The guy couldn't believe it, but I'm really that car-impaired. I'm a good driver, but once the hood needs to be opened, I just want to cry!) - I hope the u/s and bw come back normal and you are all set for October! This is happening so soon! I hope it's fantastic for you!
- I'm glad to hear your DH is good with going ahead. What are your plans for the RPL testing? Do women with MS have a higher chance of RPL? (I have no idea, just curious.) Just so you know, all my RPL testing came back 'normal', so we have no answers at all to why I'm pregnant for a fifth time and still trying to bring home our first baby.
- losing weight is ridiculously hard - especially when you are under stress. I would like to not gain too much weight this pregnancy (ideally, because I'm overweight to start with, I should only gain 10-15 pounds total by the end), but stress makes it so much harder. I'm totally a 'stress eater' and turn to chocolate and cake when feeling down. I'm so impressed that you are making such a huge effort to lose weight. I think that's amazing. And welcome to the FB group
The adoption people asked about your SEX LIFE? WTF? Why is that relevant? Our adoption meetings were hard (asking questions about my relationship with my dad, our experiences with infertility/loss, etc), but nothing like that!
- that sounds AWFUL. I can't believe it! Ovarian torsion is so uncommon, but with your whole story already - it's just the freaking cherry on top, no? Stay strong hon.
- 5 more days until your u/s!
- I'm sorry you are so stressed that it's affecting you physically. I can totally related. During my IVF cycles, I would do weekly massages - just to help me relax. I find that it works both ways -- when I'm emotionally stressed, my body tenses up - but when I force my body to relax, it helps to relax my mind. Can you do a massage of some kind? Even just getting DH to do it helps a lot! Also - I take Effexor (which is a class of anti-depressant/anti-anxiety pills) and have taken it with every IVF cycle and every pregnancy. My psychiatrist (who is a specialist in tautology - the science of drugs in pregnancy) says it's fine, but better if I wean to Prozac (which doesn't help me nearly as much) before the baby is born, just so the baby is born without an addiction to the Effexor. If I decide I can't (for emotional reasons), it's not a problem at all, and baby gets a low dose of Effexor and weans off after birth. I don't know what exactly Lexapro is -- but Prozac is 100% safe for pregnancy if that's an option for you.
oh - and all my tests are normal (after 2 miscarriages, 2 pre-term delivieries, 4 BFN cycles....) and we were told to just keep trying. It's tough. Really tough. I wish I could say it wasn't, but it is. But I'm pregnant again - and all signs look good.
- The past two days were Rosh Hashana - the Jewish New Year. I hope this new year brings everyone some kind of peace. Even if we can't all have healthy babies, I hope we can find the peace and the strength to keep going, with whatever we choose in life.
I just remember sitting in synagogue 3 years ago, 10 weeks pregnant after my first IVF cycle with twins, and just thinking "wow, these two babies will be born this year". I never ever thought they would be born... but die immediately afterwards.
The last 4 years have been a hell for me and I just want to say thank you for all the love and support you've given me.
(and when I come to the USA next - I'm meeting some of you for SURE!)