- beautiful tree! A few years ago, I asked my husband if he thought we'd had sex more than a thousand times. He said "no way" and I pointed out that we've been together a few years, and average a few times a week - so definitely more than a thousand times. It's just weird to put it in that perspective!
- hi! No worries - it gets really slow around here at holiday time - people are busy with lives and families and almost no one gets to cycle over Christmas. I never had any pain or any discomfort after either of my HSGs. I was so scared, because people I know had said it was the worst pain they had ever been through - but I wasn't even mildly uncomfortable. Weird, huh?
- yeah - mine too. Probably something genetics. But at the same time, I always think "if it wasn't meant to be, then why did it have to happen?" A BFN sucks, but a miscarriage sucks more.
- CONGRATS! I see that this beta was 13dpt - but was that a 3 day transfer or a 5 day transfer? If you'd like to obsess about the number (and I always do!) - check out http://www.betabase.info
. Sucks that you had to get fluid drained - luckily I've never had that happen! But the pregnancy will make the OHSS worse, but the OHSS won't affect the pregnancy
- no idea about ovulation - sorry! I've never done that on my own
- how are you? Spotting stopped? Did you get to reschedule your u/s?
- another bad pee stick this morning? UGH. I'm so sorry hon. I know exactly how you feel - been there done that. It sucks to go for a beta and already know it's negative.
- hurray! From now on, any BFPs are real BFPs! Keeeeeeppppp peeeeeiiiiinnnnggggg!
- hurray! Congrats on starting your FET. Do you know how long until your FET?
- cool! My aunt (uncle's wife) is an identical twin, but I'd never met her twin (because we aren't related). I was walking around outside and saw my "Aunt Debbie". I ran over and said 'hi'. I was surprised she came to Israel and hadn't called, and that she was with a group of people I didn't know (not her husband or kids), but it never occured to me it was her sister! How embarassing! Now that I think about it, they don't look very identical (they are in their 50s) but close enough that I recognized her!
- wow! I'm amazed your insurance covers your IVF - that's really rare in the USA, right? Someone started a debate on a (non-IVF/baby related) message board I'm on about whether or not IVF should be covered. SOOOO many people were entirely ignorant about what it means to be infertile and need IVF. So many said "well, instead of spending money on IVF, people should adopt" -- ignoring the fact that don't we deserve bio children/pregnancy/childbirth/etc - everyone seemed to think adoption was easier and cheaper than IVF when it's NOT. ughhhh.... pissed me off so much. (Also - everyone assumed IVF was for age-related infertility ie, "people waited too long" - EXCUSE ME! We started TTC when I was 21 - did we "wait too long"? Ugggghhhhh) <vent over>
- beta blood drawn. I went to the clinic nearest my work, so no "rush" results like at the main clinic or the IVF clinic - I have to wait until about 4pm to get my results. I'm not a very good "waiter"!
First night of Chanukah tonight. We are going to my in-laws to celebrate. Neither DH or I are in the mood. The last time was saw my inlaws, we were telling them I was pregnant (we told them we lost the baby over the phone). This is going to be depressing...
on top of everthing - I'm sick again! Damn cold. At least I can take medicine (I couldn't a few weeks ago when I had the flu because I was pregnant).... "silver linings", right?