- I was always scheduled for a fetal echo - I think they said it had to do with my taking anti-depressants the whole pregnancy (I take Effexor, 75mg/day). In any case, the hearts always looked fine at the anatomy scan, but they wanted a better look. (I never made it to my fetal echo appts, so I don't know how it goes, but good luck!)
HopeThisWorksM - YAYAYAYAYAAY! Another BFP! That is a great beta number!
- yup - and even after you hold the baby, you'll worry about SIDS, and getting hit by a bus, and cancer -- I'm pretty sure the worrying never ends until you are dead!
In any case, the odds of something going wrong go WAAY down every single day. 7.5 weeks is great - congrats!
- the shared risk seems like a great deal. If we had to pay out of pocket, we would have done that. I think after 3 IVFs and 3FETs, you've done your darndest. Btw, most people don't see an OBGYN until later (8-10 weeks pregnant) because there is no need. Us IVFers (and RPL women) are pretty much the only ones who run in the second there is a positive test. But still! Again, most people who get pregnant just don't deserve it like we do. If I ever get an audience with the 'big man upstairs' (if he exists, which I'm starting to doubt) I will definitely put in my two cents about this!
- TCOYF is a fascinating book and a great reference. I borrowed it from a friend when we first started trying. I wish I had bought a copy, since I would use it as a reference, but now it just seems like a waste since it doesn't really deal with IVF.
Talk to your clinic -- there are a LOT of tests you can do in advance that will save you a ton of time when you decide you want to start cycling (off the top of my head -- day 3 hormone tests, STD tests, SA for DH, etc)
-thanks for that. I'll ask my urologist. I think she kinda scared me with the 'bladder cancer' idea, so I didn't even think to ask what ELSE it could be! Now that we've pretty much ruled out bladder cancer, I can relax and think about less serious things.
- Any news on ER date? I'm sorry you only found found 6 follicles, but hopefully the others are hiding.
- hurray for going ahead on the donor idea. I know for so many people, it's hard to adjust to the idea that their baby won't be biologically theirs, and I don't know from personal experience, but really - after carrying them for 9 months and middle of the night feedings - that is YOUR child. I'm so glad you and DH are on the same page about it - that's the best.
- oh no! Are you feeling better today? Take some medicine!
- yeah, it can be a bit overwhelming. Don't worry about remembering everyone -- we'll remember you! Friends being pregnant sucks. I had two friends due in Jan, and they said "oh, our babies will all be best friends". Instead, they each have a little boy and have playdates with their 3 month olds, and I have more dead babies.
One of them was even an "oops" pregnancy. Life is so unfair sometimes.
Why are you switched to PIO? The only time I've been switched is when I was bleeding in early pregnancy. The PIO isn't so bad, but not nearly as "nice" as the icky-gooey mess of the pessaries!
- how was the u/s??
- sorry for being MIA all day - We went for the SNS this morning at 7am (an hour drive away). I was so depressed after. There are a lot of follicles (I think 10 measureable ones) but they are all smaller than I'd hoped (around 8-10mm)
We had planned to go out to breakfast after, but everything was closed! WTF? At 8:30am? Cafes weren't open yet? sheesh. So we went back home, and I went back to bed (remember, Friday is a weekend day here).
My doctor's phone call at 2pm woke me up
. He said my e2 is up to 500 (something, don't remember the actual number) and he thinks things are on track, although not perfect. I up the dose to 3 Menopurs, and tomorrow I also add the Ganirelix. I go back on Sunday for another SnS. He thinks ER sometime early next week.
Ooooh. 3 Menopurs is SOOO much easier than 2.5!
beautiful weather here. We are headed to my ILs for the weekend, with the dogs and another couple (friends of ours who also know my ILs). Should be fun.
This was a 4 day weekend (Wed & Thurs were holidays) and it was great. I needed that.
Kynlee-FET hopefully May 2012, meanwhile biopsy 4/26
Cyn - FET in May
Antonia (Anton)-IVF 2012
Gina1976-will schedule appt w/RE in several months for 1st IVF
Christy (Sunshine1576)- estimated ER - July 23, 2012
Patircia (Ninde) summer 2012
Nicole (blueeyeddreamer) summer 2012
Sarah (Kala 0704) - bcp started 4/21. FET planned for June 20
Leora (leorira11) - started stims April 17th
*Julia73-PUPO 3-23, 4-26 BFP Beta 542, 4-29 Beta 2343, 4-11 Beta 4102, 4-16 u/s - heartbeat!
*Annashope-BFP 4-11 Beta 35, 4-13 Beta 121, Beta 566 - u/s on 4-20 - 1 perfect gestational sac!
*Globetrotter HPT BFP at 12dpo, beta at 16dpo = 540! Next beta 4/27. U/s in 2 weeks
*HopeThisWorksM-PUPO 4-14, beta 4/25 = 238 (at only 11dp2dt)!
We love you and are always here for you