- I'm also going to the mall today with a friend to spend money neither of us have
But it's free air conditioning -- so think of it that way! We also had a bunch growing on day 5 but none to freeze... in a way it's a good thing. No use wasting FET time with embryos that aren't likely to be babies... but congrats on having 3 to freeze!
- no idea about the blood thinners -- maybe Maria knows? I know on BabyCenter Community there is a big group of women on blood thinners (lovenox mostly) - maybe they can help? I would take it - what could the harm be? I see more harm in needing to take it and not taking it than taking it when you didn't need to.
- how are you doing? Have you started the Estrace yet?
- one day closer!
Not tempted to POAS yet?
- hurray! Enjoy your bed rest! We watched "American Reunion" recently - it was stupid but a nice distraction (thank goodness, no pregnancies in it at all!) - btw, I'm in Jerusalem Israel - but I'm coming to visit NYC and Pittsburgh PA (where I grew up and my mom still lives) in August! --- PUPO = "pregnant until proven otherwise"
- hurray that the donor got AF! That's exciting! You can never know exactly how many days stim will be... good luck! Just remember, you have to try to let go of the things you can't control. --- that weight loss is amazing! I'm at my heaviest now, which is 96 kg (which my calculator says is 211.5 lbs) - so I can't qualify for any weight loss surgery. I'm stuck on my insulin resistant) own! I'm not working really hard now (30 min on the treadmill 6 days a week and moderately watching what I eat) - the goal for now is not to gain more!
Patricia - I know you aren't always sick - but these past few months have been rough on you! First that cold that wouldn't go away - then Foot & Mouth? That's nuts! I don't have any cysts either, but the diagnosis of PCO doesn't need to have cysts. I have every other symptom/sign - but no cysts, but my doctors still say it's PCO!
Menopur is in vials of 75miu and you can only mix 3 together - so yup - you'll need 6 vials = 2 injections. It's not so bad, just annoying!
- also, we've been told that IUIs will probably have a higher chance of multiples (since we don't want to cancel the IUI if there are more than 2 follicles - that's nuts!). I think we are stuck with the IVF... I've tried asking our RE if donor sperm would improve our IVF (We have to do ICSI - DH's sperm count is usually between 15-20 (not million, just 15-20 swimmers!) - so I wonder if because we don't have much sperm to choose from, if donor sperm would help us get better embryos)
- I have to get them shipped internationally, so I buy in eBay, there is a great "store" of fertility testing stuff in the UK. I get 50 sticks for about $25 total. Cheap enough!
- there is a magic balance - stimming fast enough but not too fast. Try not to worry about how fast you are stimming - sounds good to me! Good luck tomorrow!
- Anna peer pressured me into doing a beta today instead of tomorrow. So I went to get blood drawn this morning.
Remember how on Sunday it took forever to get results because my blood was sent to a different city? I asked about that today.
Used to be that the blood tests and the lab were in the same building. The lab techs would come and get the blood pretty regularly. I would get results of a 7am blood test around 9-10am. That was amazing.
Then they moved the u/s clinic (and the blood tests for hormones) to a building down the block. Instead of walking around to get the samples, they would wait until blood tests were over at 9:45am and then bring all the samples to the lab. I started getting results at noon, which was okay, but not great.
Turns out that on Sunday, the machine in Jerusalem broke, so since then, they've had to send the blood to Lod (about an 1.5 hour drive away - the main lab in the country). I get results around 5pm. That sucks. I can't imagine doing a cycle and only getting blood results at 5pm!
I asked when they plan on fixing the machine in Jerusalem and was told they weren't going to fix it!
Just going to keep sending the blood to Lod. WTF? I was pretty pissed - and the techs knew that everyone would be. They had a stack of "customer satisfaction" cards to fill out
So I filled out two and hopefully that'll help! (There is a lot of competition between the 4 different health care providers -- the government promises health care to everyone, but there are 4 different companies you can go to. There is fierce competition among those companies to get as many people as possible, since they get paid by the government per patient -- so I threatened a LOT to move to a different health care company! -- which I might do, but there is usually a 3 month waiting period for "big" procedures, including IVF. Maybe if I talk to them and say I'll switch but don't want to wait for my IVF....)
soo..... results later today. We'll see. I want about 200.
If my beta doubles today, I'll ask for an u/s early next week (5w2/3d - Sun or Mon) to see what's going on. (too early for hb, but hopefully can see a gestational sac)
pee stick was as dark as Monday, but not visibly darker...
I don't know what to think!
Dys24 - FET end of July
Antonia (Anton)-IVF 2012
Gina1976-will schedule appt w/RE in several months for 1st IVF in Spring 2013
Amy (Jayne321) - August 2012
Patircia (Ninde) start down-reg on July 21, baseline Aug 8th
Nicole (blueeyeddreamer) summer 2012, RE appt July 12
Georgia22 summer 2012
LauraN - DE cycle summer 2012, hopeful ER in early August! - Donor got AF!
Chris (to_have_fun08) - transfer week of July 16 - start Lupron June 24
Pocos - started Lupron
Lori (AlwaysAngel) - started stims July 4
WaitingKay - ER on July 9th! 19 eggs! 14 embryos!
Tiger04 - ER on July 10th! 9 eggs!
Kynlee- started PIO, FET on July 4th! beta Friday 7/13
Madame X - donor ER July 2- two day 5 embryos transferred 7/7
TortillaChip - ER July 8 - 6 eggs! - 4 embryos! Transferred on 7/10, beta 7/21 (but POAS before that!)
*Julia73-PUPO 3-23, 4-26 BFP Beta 542, 4-29 Beta 2343, 4-11 Beta 4102, 4-16 u/s - heartbeat!
*Annashope-BFP 4-11 Beta 35, 4-13 Beta 121, Beta 566 - u/s = 1 heartbeat!
*Globetrotter HPT BFP at 12dpo, beta at 16dpo = 540! Next beta 4/27 = 1260, U/s in 2 weeks
*HopeThisWorksM- beta 4/25 = 238! beta 4/27 = 588, beta 5/2 = 5700! u/s 5/11 = 2 heartbeats! - but now only 1
*Lauren- FET 5/3 - +HPT. Beta =474! Beta#2 - more than doubled! u/s on 5/18= 1 sac, next u/s 5/26 = 2 hbs! u/s 6/7
*Amanda1979- ER 5/1 - ET x 3 - beta 5/14 (10dp4dt) = 100! beta 2 on 5/17 = 234! u/s 5/30 = heartbeat!
*ks_fofo - BFP! Beta = 250 - u/s THREE heartbeats!
*Sarah (Kala 0704) - FET on June 20th! BFP on HPT! Beta on July 2nd = 380, beta #2 = 1495, u/s on July 16th
*Leora (leorira11) - ER June 12th, beta 9dp4dt = 29, beta #2 12dp4dt= 73 beta #3 15dp4dt=
We love you and are always here for you