IVF-Infertility.com home

Lupron question ... ghost / anyone??

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

Lupron question ... ghost / anyone??

Postby brit1612 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:12 pm

So, I have been through 6 total cycles. 4 fresh and 2 frozen. All of them I was on some form of lupron; either micro-dose daily injectables or the one shot before the cycle. For some reason, this FET cycle I am not on lupron at all. I tried to question the nurse about it and all she really said is that they are getting away from using lupron and that I have been over-suppressed in the past, so I should not have any problems. I am really nervous about Oing early and having the cycle cancelled. Any thoughts??? Since we had success on our last cycle, I feel like the protocol should be exactly the same.

Another question.... the nurse said that some patients start the lovenox before transfer and some start it after. I think I started it at the very beginning of my cycle last time, and I am nervous about this as well. If you take lovenox during your cycle, when did you start it???? Thanks!
After 7 attempts (2 negatives/3 miscarriages), we have TWO miracle boys!! If you would like to hear our story, please visit http://www.ivfsuccessstories.info. Never give up, it can happen for you!!
brit1612
Regular

Sponsor

Re: Lupron question ... ghost / anyone??

Postby Ghost » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:23 pm

brit1612 wrote:So, I have been through 6 total cycles. 4 fresh and 2 frozen. All of them I was on some form of lupron; either micro-dose daily injectables or the one shot before the cycle. For some reason, this FET cycle I am not on lupron at all. I tried to question the nurse about it and all she really said is that they are getting away from using lupron and that I have been over-suppressed in the past, so I should not have any problems. I am really nervous about Oing early and having the cycle cancelled. Any thoughts??? Since we had success on our last cycle, I feel like the protocol should be exactly the same.

Another question.... the nurse said that some patients start the lovenox before transfer and some start it after. I think I started it at the very beginning of my cycle last time, and I am nervous about this as well. If you take lovenox during your cycle, when did you start it???? Thanks!

Lupron can be used to stimulate the ovaries, as in a microdose protocol or a flare protocol, or to suppress the pituitary, as in the other protocols you have tried. But it's pretty optional in an FET cycle. With no stimulation going on, they just need to control your progesterone start point. You are correct that there is some risk that you could ovulate and this could start your progesterone earlier than they planned. This is pretty unusual. Less than 1/10 of cycles, I am sure.
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran

Postby LYD10 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:26 pm

i've always been on lupron before my FETs. i am not sure why they would worry about oversuppressing you for a FET cycle? its not like your ovaries have to do any work during that cycle anyway. whats your protocol? are you on estrogen to build up your lining?
ME 40, DH, 43
#1 IVF BFN
#2 FET DS born
#3 IVF ectopic
#4 FET BFN
#5 FET Chemical
#6 IVF, BFP at 8dpo, beta 215, started out with twins, one vanished at 6 weeks, EDD 9/4/12
LYD10
Regular

Postby Ghost » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:46 am

LYD10 wrote:i've always been on lupron before my FETs. i am not sure why they would worry about oversuppressing you for a FET cycle? its not like your ovaries have to do any work during that cycle anyway. whats your protocol? are you on estrogen to build up your lining?

That did not make sense to me, either. Usually "over suppression" vaguely refers to a need for a little FSH or LH from the pituitary during stimulation. This is not a factor in FET.
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran

Postby brit1612 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:40 pm

Thanks for the responses. When they said I had been over-suppressed in the past they were referring to my fresh cycle, not the other FET. But that was not why they were not using it this cycle. They are getting away from using it in general, not just with me. I know it is not common for people to ovulate early, but I have had pretty much everything happen under the sun, so it wouldn't suprise me if I was the 1 out of 10 :). But I trust me RE, so I will just follow along.
After 7 attempts (2 negatives/3 miscarriages), we have TWO miracle boys!! If you would like to hear our story, please visit http://www.ivfsuccessstories.info. Never give up, it can happen for you!!
brit1612
Regular

Postby brit1612 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:42 pm

Oh also, I will be on pills and patches to build up my lining and then I will be on progesterone a few days before the transfer(lots of it considering I have had trouble keeping my progesterone levels up in the past).
brit1612
Regular

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)