IVF-Infertility.com home

Another Question...Ghost / Anyone

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

Another Question...Ghost / Anyone

Postby brit1612 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:51 pm

So, the rollercoaster is beginning once again!! I went in for my baseline appointment yesterday and was prepared to start my meds, but my lining was at a 9 and had not shed!!!!! The nurse thought that I may have started a new cycle even through my bcp's and was expecting the bloodwork to show that. But then the bloodwork came back at a "normal" range.
WTH??? What does this mean??? I thought I had been through pretty much everything under the sun, but this is a new one. I have been bleeding for almost three weeks straight; had breakthrough bleeding, then bled from the hysteroscopy, and now what I thought was my period. All this bleeding, yet I still have a thick lining? I don't get it. The bleeding has only been like a light to medium period, but still.

I am going back to have another ultrasound and blood work tomorrow. RE is hoping I will have shed the lining between now and then. We only have four embryos left and our already maxed out financially....I need this cycle to be the best possible. Is this going to effect my chances?

Also, the nurse said my E2 was a "little high", but within the normal range at an 88. Any insight on what this means? There was a large cyst as well, would it be causing my E2 to be on the higher side? Thanks again for any input!!

Ghost you are so helpful to us all, you have been answering my questions for nearly 4 years now!!! Thanks for the understand and peace of mind you give us all :).
After 7 attempts (2 negatives/3 miscarriages), we have TWO miracle boys!! If you would like to hear our story, please visit http://www.ivfsuccessstories.info. Never give up, it can happen for you!!
brit1612
Regular
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:19 pm

Sponsor
 

Re: Another Question...Ghost / Anyone

Postby Ghost » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Your RE probably considers that cyst the prime suspect. It may be producing the estradiol, and maybe progesterone, that prevents you from shedding your lining properly.

My clinic would not proceed without getting a patient's lining shed before starting a new cycle. This may require addressing that cyst.

brit1612 wrote:So, the rollercoaster is beginning once again!! I went in for my baseline appointment yesterday and was prepared to start my meds, but my lining was at a 9 and had not shed!!!!! The nurse thought that I may have started a new cycle even through my bcp's and was expecting the bloodwork to show that. But then the bloodwork came back at a "normal" range.
WTH??? What does this mean??? I thought I had been through pretty much everything under the sun, but this is a new one. I have been bleeding for almost three weeks straight; had breakthrough bleeding, then bled from the hysteroscopy, and now what I thought was my period. All this bleeding, yet I still have a thick lining? I don't get it. The bleeding has only been like a light to medium period, but still.

I am going back to have another ultrasound and blood work tomorrow. RE is hoping I will have shed the lining between now and then. We only have four embryos left and our already maxed out financially....I need this cycle to be the best possible. Is this going to effect my chances?

Also, the nurse said my E2 was a "little high", but within the normal range at an 88. Any insight on what this means? There was a large cyst as well, would it be causing my E2 to be on the higher side? Thanks again for any input!!

Ghost you are so helpful to us all, you have been answering my questions for nearly 4 years now!!! Thanks for the understand and peace of mind you give us all :).
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran
 
Posts: 3961
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 5:01 pm

Re: Another Question...Ghost / Anyone

Postby brit1612 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:53 pm

They will not start the cycle unless the lining is shed when I go back tomorrow. (Which I think is unlikely considering I am not really bleeding anymore.)

When you saying adressing the cyst...how is that done?? Surgery, meds....??? Sorry again for so many questions. I just want to make sure we don't move on with a cycle that is unlikely to work. What would your clinic do at this point??

I have had a cyst before and it did not seem to affect anything, but I was told it was not producing hormones and it was small. I noticed on the screen yesterday that the cyst was very large! She did not tell me the mm, but I have seen plenty follicles and cyst ultrasounds before, and the only thing I have seen that big was my little boy :). Does size matter? Thanks again.
After 7 attempts (2 negatives/3 miscarriages), we have TWO miracle boys!! If you would like to hear our story, please visit http://www.ivfsuccessstories.info. Never give up, it can happen for you!!
brit1612
Regular
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:19 pm

Re: Another Question...Ghost / Anyone

Postby Ghost » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:45 pm

A "cyst" is usually just a follicle at an inopportune time. They could get rid of it many different ways. They could wait for it to fade away, ovulating it (hCG injection), starve it for FSH/LH (with a course of Lupron, for example), or by draining it with a needle. The most practical at this point may be to drain it.

Glad to hear they will not start unless the lining sheds.

brit1612 wrote:They will not start the cycle unless the lining is shed when I go back tomorrow. (Which I think is unlikely considering I am not really bleeding anymore.)

When you saying adressing the cyst...how is that done?? Surgery, meds....??? Sorry again for so many questions. I just want to make sure we don't move on with a cycle that is unlikely to work. What would your clinic do at this point??

I have had a cyst before and it did not seem to affect anything, but I was told it was not producing hormones and it was small. I noticed on the screen yesterday that the cyst was very large! She did not tell me the mm, but I have seen plenty follicles and cyst ultrasounds before, and the only thing I have seen that big was my little boy :). Does size matter? Thanks again.
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran
 
Posts: 3961
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 5:01 pm

Re: Another Question...Ghost / Anyone

Postby brit1612 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Just thought I would update this. I have not really bled at all since the last visit so I was not suprised with nothing had really changed this morning. The lining had thinned out a little, but had not been completely shed. Now I am waiting to hear back from the RE to find out what he wants me to do. The nurse said that he will likely put me back on bcp's or let my body naturally work itself back to normal. Who knows how long either one of these will take??? I am dissappointed, but I want to have the best possible chances. Thanks for the help. I will update again when I hear my new instructions.
After 7 attempts (2 negatives/3 miscarriages), we have TWO miracle boys!! If you would like to hear our story, please visit http://www.ivfsuccessstories.info. Never give up, it can happen for you!!
brit1612
Regular
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:19 pm

Re: Another Question...Ghost / Anyone

Postby Ghost » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:53 pm

brit1612 wrote:Just thought I would update this. I have not really bled at all since the last visit so I was not suprised with nothing had really changed this morning. The lining had thinned out a little, but had not been completely shed. Now I am waiting to hear back from the RE to find out what he wants me to do. The nurse said that he will likely put me back on bcp's or let my body naturally work itself back to normal. Who knows how long either one of these will take??? I am dissappointed, but I want to have the best possible chances. Thanks for the help. I will update again when I hear my new instructions.


Waiting for another cycle is a good option.
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran
 
Posts: 3961
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 5:01 pm

Re: Another Question...Ghost / Anyone

Postby brit1612 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Thanks, just got the call that my estrogen went up... so I am told to just wait for another cycle to come. I am fine with that, but have no clue when I might cycle again. Did I cycle at some point during the bcp's or have I still not had a cycle all the way from Dec 4th??? I know there is no way to know for sure, but just curious.

My periods are usually routine each month (every 24-26 days), can I expect a period anytime soon? BCP's were stopped on the 31st. Thanks ghost!
After 7 attempts (2 negatives/3 miscarriages), we have TWO miracle boys!! If you would like to hear our story, please visit http://www.ivfsuccessstories.info. Never give up, it can happen for you!!
brit1612
Regular
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:19 pm

Re: Another Question...Ghost / Anyone

Postby Ghost » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:55 am

brit1612 wrote:Thanks, just got the call that my estrogen went up... so I am told to just wait for another cycle to come. I am fine with that, but have no clue when I might cycle again. Did I cycle at some point during the bcp's or have I still not had a cycle all the way from Dec 4th??? I know there is no way to know for sure, but just curious.

My periods are usually routine each month (every 24-26 days), can I expect a period anytime soon? BCP's were stopped on the 31st. Thanks ghost!


It's up to that cyst and your pituitary. Did they measure progesterone?
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran
 
Posts: 3961
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 5:01 pm


Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests