IVF-Infertility.com home

FET question??? Ghost or others.

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

FET question??? Ghost or others.

Postby sthomson » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:02 am

HI Ghost! Happy New Year!

So, I had a FET almost 3 years ago which gave me my beautiful daughter. So incredibly blessed. We are ready to try again. We have 4 embryos left. So this is a 2-part question.

1) Our doc didn't seem super happy the frozens we have left. Of the 4, he said one was pretty good, one was eh, and the other two were even less than eh. Do you ever see frozens that aren't so great go on to make babies. I can take brutal honesty here.

2) The protocol this time around is sooooo much different than last time...the time that gave us our baby. So I'm feeling a little uneasy. Last time I was on lupron starting day 21, then went in for day 2 sono and blood and started estrogen pills. I think I was on Lupron well into the cycle. This time he's saying no lupron at all. Just go in on day 2 for blood and sono and will likely start the estrogen. Why the change???????? Is lupron no longer necessary for a FET. Also no progesterone injections this time...only the Crinone inserts. Last time I did both. Is this ok?????? I'm used to the pain associated with IVF and this protocol seems way to easy to make a baby!!!!!

Would very much appreciate your input!!!! Thanks in advance!
Me: 35 no known issues, DH 35 low morphology (2%) and low motility, bilateral vericocelectomy

IUI with clomid #1-#3: all BFN
IVF#1: BFN
IVF #2: M/C at 8 weeks
FET #1: BFP! DD 2 yrs old!

Trying for #2 soon and anxious again...didn't think I would be.
sthomson

Re: FET question??? Ghost or others.

Postby Ghost » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:23 am

1. Yes, frozen embryos with mediocre morphology can make babies, just not as often as the top quality embryos.

2. My clinic considers Lupron optional for FET. We usually do not use it. Crinone is supposed to be sufficient by itself (twice per day is the recommendation for FET), but many doctors prefer to prescribe progesterone injections.

sthomson wrote:HI Ghost! Happy New Year!

So, I had a FET almost 3 years ago which gave me my beautiful daughter. So incredibly blessed. We are ready to try again. We have 4 embryos left. So this is a 2-part question.

1) Our doc didn't seem super happy the frozens we have left. Of the 4, he said one was pretty good, one was eh, and the other two were even less than eh. Do you ever see frozens that aren't so great go on to make babies. I can take brutal honesty here.

2) The protocol this time around is sooooo much different than last time...the time that gave us our baby. So I'm feeling a little uneasy. Last time I was on lupron starting day 21, then went in for day 2 sono and blood and started estrogen pills. I think I was on Lupron well into the cycle. This time he's saying no lupron at all. Just go in on day 2 for blood and sono and will likely start the estrogen. Why the change???????? Is lupron no longer necessary for a FET. Also no progesterone injections this time...only the Crinone inserts. Last time I did both. Is this ok?????? I'm used to the pain associated with IVF and this protocol seems way to easy to make a baby!!!!!

Would very much appreciate your input!!!! Thanks in advance!
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran

Postby dogzrule » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:36 am

There was no lupron for my FET cycle either. My protocol was the same as yours this cycle, just estrogen to plump the lining. Best of luck to you!
Me-36,DH-43
1st IVF July 2009 - BFP! 9dp5dt: 31;11dp5dt: 77;14dp5dt: 214; 18dp5dt: 548; 21dp5dt: 1883. DD born 3/30/2010
1st FET July 2011- BFP! 8/3 beta: 178, 8/5 beta 455. DD born 4/4/2012
dogzrule
Regular

Postby sthomson » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:26 am

Thank you both! Thought I would be anxiety-free this time around...wishful thinking!!!
Me: 35 no known issues, DH 35 low morphology (2%) and low motility, bilateral vericocelectomy

IUI with clomid #1-#3: all BFN
IVF#1: BFN
IVF #2: M/C at 8 weeks
FET #1: BFP! DD 2 yrs old!

Trying for #2 soon and anxious again...didn't think I would be.
sthomson

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)