IVF-Infertility.com home

Need advice! Ghost i hear you are good!

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

Need advice! Ghost i hear you are good!

Postby kcquin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:42 am

I had FET in December. It was a 5day transfer. Transfer was 16th December.
7dp transfer i began bleeding. It was more than spotting, but not as heavy as AF. This went for about 7-10days.
12days after transfer HCG was 41, 14days after transfer it had dropped to 34.
Assumed it was a chemical and stopped meds.
24days after transfer HCG was 494. Nurse said low progesterone, unsure of number.
29days after transfer HCG was 831.
31 Days after transfer HCG was 897.
I had 2 days of spottin on 23 & 24 days after transfer. 29days after transfer i started bleeding again, heavy and light spotting. It still continues. Have had some slight right hand side cramping.
31 days after transfer (approx 7weeks according to online calendar) I had an ultrasound. Both abdominal and internal. Nothing was found on scan. Not on tubes or in uterus. No fluid (that is usually present during ectopic). Endometrium was thick. Scan lady (whatever i call her! :lol: ) said she saw no signs of ectopic and no signs of miscarriage. She said my uterus looked as it would if i was about to get my period or if i was four weeks pregnant. Asked if we could have conceived naturally. (is that even possible? To conceive around the time i had a chemical?) the chances of actually conceiving are unlikely as DH had a vasectomy reversal, results of SA were 0 (3months after VR) 1.36million (6 weeks after first SA) and two more SA's done about Aug and Oct 2011 showed 0. What could all this mean?
kcquin

Re: Need advice! Ghost i hear you are good!

Postby Ghost » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:33 pm

kcquin wrote:I had FET in December. It was a 5day transfer. Transfer was 16th December.
7dp transfer i began bleeding. It was more than spotting, but not as heavy as AF. This went for about 7-10days.
12days after transfer HCG was 41, 14days after transfer it had dropped to 34.
Assumed it was a chemical and stopped meds.
24days after transfer HCG was 494. Nurse said low progesterone, unsure of number.
29days after transfer HCG was 831.
31 Days after transfer HCG was 897.
I had 2 days of spottin on 23 & 24 days after transfer. 29days after transfer i started bleeding again, heavy and light spotting. It still continues. Have had some slight right hand side cramping.
31 days after transfer (approx 7weeks according to online calendar) I had an ultrasound. Both abdominal and internal. Nothing was found on scan. Not on tubes or in uterus. No fluid (that is usually present during ectopic). Endometrium was thick. Scan lady (whatever i call her! :lol: ) said she saw no signs of ectopic and no signs of miscarriage. She said my uterus looked as it would if i was about to get my period or if i was four weeks pregnant. Asked if we could have conceived naturally. (is that even possible? To conceive around the time i had a chemical?) the chances of actually conceiving are unlikely as DH had a vasectomy reversal, results of SA were 0 (3months after VR) 1.36million (6 weeks after first SA) and two more SA's done about Aug and Oct 2011 showed 0. What could all this mean?

By definition, this is a pregnancy of unknown location. Discussed here:

http://www.rcog.org.uk/news/pregnancy-unknown-location

Did they discontinue your meds?
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran

Postby leorira11 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:43 pm

hi - I'm dealing with the same thing (pregnancy of unknown location) right now -- my beta finally started dropping.

I had totally normal betas - then nothing on my 5w2d u/s. Nothing at 5w4d - and my beta dropped. Assumed miscarriage and stopped my meds. I had regular period-like bleeding. Beta dropped some more before rising and rising and rising - from 50 at the lowest to over 400 again. Despite many long, intrusive u/s - nothing ever seen. I was told either incomplete miscarriage (leftover tissue from a miscarriage) or ectopic of unknown location. Definitely non-viable.

I'm so sorry.
8 IVF+6 FET=6 BFN+8 BFP =

-b/g twins 22w (12.09)
-mc 10w (9.10)
-Micha (7.19-24.11) & Asaf (7.19-28.11) born at 24w
-mc 5wk (2.12)
-no HB at 18w (10.12)
-BO (4.13)-
-mc 6wk (9.13)

last attempt - donor sperm - baby girl born healthy July 2014
leorira11
Valued Contributor

Postby kcquin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:16 pm

I stopped the meds after the first drop as i assumed then that it was a chemical.
kcquin

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)