IVF-Infertility.com home

GHOST?? AH or not to do AH

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

GHOST?? AH or not to do AH

Postby miyaya » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi Ghost,

Its me, miyaya again.....here we go again...IVF #6 and the final try. We met with my re last week regarding my LAc antibodies. Basically while my levels are elevated for lupus anti coag, my clotting time is normal. Therefore their suggesting treating with steroids and NOT heprin injections b/c they feel with no known clotting issues, they would be over treating if they did. I am ok with that I think. However my RE wanted me to consider Assisted Hatching but could only say in my case it is 50/50 if the procedure would be beneficial. As you know, AH is done on day three embies....the issue with that is I always have day 2 transfers b/c my embies start to fragment. However, per my last cycle, despite the fragmentation....my left over embies caught up and grew out to be beautiful day 5 blasts (5AA's). So he said I could either cont with day 2 transfer and transfer 4 or grow them out a day (knowing the risks) and do AH for a day three transfer. He said he really could not offer any advice either way on how to go given my history. So, I am asking you? What are your thoughts?

Part of me thinks, that even though I have m/c'd three times, I should just go forth with day 2's b/c I can obviously get pregnant...I just cant stay there. But maybe the steroids will work.....

But the other part of me wants to throw the kitchen sink at it knowing its my last chance....any advice would be soooooo helpful. I am in decision paralysis.
Me (34) with PCOS, LAc
DH (36) TTC#2 IVF#1- -BFN, IVF #2--miscarriage:( 21 eggs and nottin left...bad embies:(, IVF#3--July 2010-12 eggs, only 1 embie made it. BFN!, IVF #4 Miscarriage #2, IVF #5, Miscarriage #3 , [b]IVF #6[/b ?
miyaya
Regular
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:29 pm
Location: Maine

Re: GHOST?? AH or not to do AH

Postby Ghost » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:34 pm

miyaya wrote:Hi Ghost,

Its me, miyaya again.....here we go again...IVF #6 and the final try. We met with my re last week regarding my LAc antibodies. Basically while my levels are elevated for lupus anti coag, my clotting time is normal. Therefore their suggesting treating with steroids and NOT heprin injections b/c they feel with no known clotting issues, they would be over treating if they did. I am ok with that I think. However my RE wanted me to consider Assisted Hatching but could only say in my case it is 50/50 if the procedure would be beneficial. As you know, AH is done on day three embies....the issue with that is I always have day 2 transfers b/c my embies start to fragment. However, per my last cycle, despite the fragmentation....my left over embies caught up and grew out to be beautiful day 5 blasts (5AA's). So he said I could either cont with day 2 transfer and transfer 4 or grow them out a day (knowing the risks) and do AH for a day three transfer. He said he really could not offer any advice either way on how to go given my history. So, I am asking you? What are your thoughts?

Part of me thinks, that even though I have m/c'd three times, I should just go forth with day 2's b/c I can obviously get pregnant...I just cant stay there. But maybe the steroids will work.....

But the other part of me wants to throw the kitchen sink at it knowing its my last chance....any advice would be soooooo helpful. I am in decision paralysis.


Not being emotionally involved, I would do the later transfer. The later they transfer them, the more they know about them, so they can do a better job selecting among them. The AH might help a little, too.

But you may feel the embryos are better off in your uterus.
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran
 
Posts: 3929
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 5:01 pm

Re: GHOST?? AH or not to do AH

Postby miyaya » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Thank you ghost. I think emotions for us has gone out the window....this last cycle is purely chance at this point. Thank you for your opinion....it certainly helps me make a better decision.
Me (34) with PCOS, LAc
DH (36) TTC#2 IVF#1- -BFN, IVF #2--miscarriage:( 21 eggs and nottin left...bad embies:(, IVF#3--July 2010-12 eggs, only 1 embie made it. BFN!, IVF #4 Miscarriage #2, IVF #5, Miscarriage #3 , [b]IVF #6[/b ?
miyaya
Regular
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:29 pm
Location: Maine


Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests