IVF-Infertility.com home

Ghost and ladies....possible ectopic???

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

Ghost and ladies....possible ectopic???

Postby Alwaysangel » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Last Sunday I had my first beta after 1 fresh and 1 frozen embies transfered. 1st beta 38, 2 days later 22, 2 days later 22 again, 4 days later ( today ) 113!! They are thinking possible ectopic?? I have had very light brown bleeding all week, yesterday it increased and was a little red. Also had sporadic back and side pain. Today bleeding has been red and I have been crampy and very emotional! The plan is bw on Friday and if the numbers don't. Go down then us on Monday.

Technically I would be 5w1d today.

So I did research on ectopic and IM FREAKING OUT!!! If early meds can be given or I have to have actual surgery!!! It can burst and pregnancy odds are lower!!!

What is considered early is waiting for us next week to late?? How much am I at risk at this point???

Any input wold be great! I don't know what i would do without you ladies!!!!
Me: 31 DH:44 vast/chemo
9/10-severe ohss then mc 6w
1/11-bfn
3/11-barely bfp then bfn
New re
7/11-mc 6w
1/12-chemical
7/12- we have a heartbeat!!!!!
Alwaysangel
Regular

Sponsor

Re: Ghost and ladies....possible ectopic???

Postby Ghost » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:07 am

Alwaysangel wrote:Last Sunday I had my first beta after 1 fresh and 1 frozen embies transfered. 1st beta 38, 2 days later 22, 2 days later 22 again, 4 days later ( today ) 113!! They are thinking possible ectopic?? I have had very light brown bleeding all week, yesterday it increased and was a little red. Also had sporadic back and side pain. Today bleeding has been red and I have been crampy and very emotional! The plan is bw on Friday and if the numbers don't. Go down then us on Monday.

Technically I would be 5w1d today.

So I did research on ectopic and IM FREAKING OUT!!! If early meds can be given or I have to have actual surgery!!! It can burst and pregnancy odds are lower!!!

What is considered early is waiting for us next week to late?? How much am I at risk at this point???

Any input wold be great! I don't know what i would do without you ladies!!!!

It does not sound like a viable pregnancy. 38...22...22...and then 113 at 5wk1d. Should be well over 1000 by now, and none of that waffling along the way. Yeah, it could easily be ectopic with a pattern like that. The scan might find it, but there is a good chance they will see nothing. At that point they might give meds to deal with it. Meds are usually pretty effective. Surgery or a rupture are rare.
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran

Postby Alwaysangel » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:28 am

Thanks Ghost! They say meds are given early on, what is considered early?? Should i push for bw before friday??? What should i be watching for or when to be concerned?
1/11-bfn
3/11-barely bfp then bfn
New re
7/11-mc 6w
1/12-chemical
Alwaysangel
Regular

Postby leorira11 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:12 pm

ugh... I'm so sorry.

Mine's a little different -- my betas started out normal, then fell, then crept up - now falling again.

My doctors are being SUPER laissez faire about it - which is pissing me off. It's been two months since we first learned this pregnancy isn't viable. GGRRRRRRR

Watch for severe pain or bleeding -- if that happens, rush to the ER and tell them you have a suspected ectopic pregnancy.

If they don't see the ectopic on the u/s, it's probably not going to rupture - so no real rush - but if you are anything like me, you don't want this to drag out forever.

I hope yours ends faster than mine is taking...
8 IVF+6 FET=6 BFN+8 BFP =

-b/g twins 22w (12.09)
-mc 10w (9.10)
-Micha (7.19-24.11) & Asaf (7.19-28.11) born at 24w
-mc 5wk (2.12)
-no HB at 18w (10.12)
-BO (4.13)-
-mc 6wk (9.13)

last attempt - donor sperm - baby girl born healthy July 2014
leorira11
Valued Contributor

Postby Alwaysangel » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Spoke to nurse today... Bw tomorrow as i am freaking out! She is saying not a risk unless number was 15000! Because im bleeding and cramping like a period there now not thinking ectopic???
1/11-bfn
3/11-barely bfp then bfn
New re
7/11-mc 6w
1/12-chemical
Alwaysangel
Regular

Postby klinger13 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:52 pm

Alwaysangel - i'm glad you're going for additional b/w tomorrow. Did the nurse mean 1500 and not 15000? I've had 2 ectopics within 6 months of each other - one at 7 weeks and one at 6 weeks - and needed surgery both times as I was already bleeding internally. I don't know what my beta would have been with the first one, but for the second one, my 5th or 6th beta was just over 1700 and when we did the u/s to look for the sac, I already had blood pooling behind the uterus so it was too late for the methotrexate injection. And with that ectopic, I also had bleeding/cramping for the two weeks when we were doing betas, so those symptoms can still happen with an ectopic. Anyways, I lost my right tube & ovary with the first ectopic and lost my left tube with the second one, so ectopics are definitely nothing to mess around with.

I didn't want to freak you out more, your betas are still really low, but what that nurse said isn't necessarily true and I just wanted to chime in. I hope they figure out what's going on soon so you can avoid surgery. Good luck and of course feel free to PM me if you want.

Amanda
Me 40, DH-31
DD-23 & DS-20 (mine from previous)
TL '96,TR '08, 1 c/p, 2 e/p, lost tubes & R ovary
IVF - BFP, Maribel born 7/5/11
ImageImage
klinger13
Regular

Postby Alwaysangel » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:48 pm

Thanks amanda. Maybe i heard her wrong! I will pm you when i get out of work!
1/11-bfn
3/11-barely bfp then bfn
New re
7/11-mc 6w
1/12-chemical
Alwaysangel
Regular

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)