IVF-Infertility.com home

Should I move forward with only 4 follicles to begin with?

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

Should I move forward with only 4 follicles to begin with?

Postby Pocahontas » Fri May 03, 2013 3:32 am

Hello everyone, I'm new here. Please help me with my questions. I don't know what to do, we plan to start IVF next month. I'm 38 years old. Doctor said my follicles 1 on the right and 3 one the left. How many follicles can I have more with injection to stimulate the follicles? Should I do IVF because my follicles count really low?
Thank you everyone.
Pocahontas

Re: Should I move forward with only 4 follicles to begin wit

Postby Ghost » Sat May 04, 2013 8:15 pm

Pocahontas wrote:Hello everyone, I'm new here. Please help me with my questions. I don't know what to do, we plan to start IVF next month. I'm 38 years old. Doctor said my follicles 1 on the right and 3 one the left. How many follicles can I have more with injection to stimulate the follicles? Should I do IVF because my follicles count really low?
Thank you everyone.

That is a relatively low response. I expect it would reduce your chances below the average for your clinic in your age group. Whether it's worth proceeding I cannot say. Up to you and your physician.

Some clinics will convert to IUI when the number of follicles is low, usually when in the 1-3 range.
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran

Re: Should I move forward with only 4 follicles to begin wit

Postby 22yearslater » Sun May 05, 2013 1:54 am

I only had 5 at the age of 39. we got 4 eggs and 3 fertilized. Did a 3 day transfer and I am celebrating my sons first bithday tomorrow:) Good Luck!
22yearslater

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)