IVF-Infertility.com home

Question for those who have had IVF

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

Question for those who have had IVF

Postby rb1234 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:56 pm

Hey Everyone, I'm brand new to this whole process. I started my gonal Tuesday night and my Menopur Tuesday morning along with my diluted lupron on Tuesday morning. I know you are supposed to have your period but I was curious how long it lasted once you started your shots. I know this is personal but it seems awfully heavy and though it appears to be slowing down as I continue my shots I was just wondering if this is normal and how long it's supposed to last. I would call my doctor but it's the weekend and I'm a little stressed out about it. I didn't know if I was making a big deal and I should just be rolling with it or is it something I should be concerned about?

Again, I'm new to this whole thing and feeling a little lost.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts!
rb1234

Re: Question for those who have had IVF

Postby Myche20 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:18 pm

I just went through my 1st IVF. I also noticed a little heavier bleeding and my period lasted a little longer as well. Your body goes through and lot and your hormones are all over the place. Good luck with everything!
Myche20

Re: Question for those who have had IVF

Postby rb1234 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:22 pm

Thanks for your input! It's really helpful to know that there are similar experiences elsewhere!
rb1234

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)