IVF-Infertility.com home

Ivf advice - low egg reserve

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

Ivf advice - low egg reserve

Postby Shelleyegg » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:41 pm

I just got my calendar and protocol for ivf today. My amh is .016 and my fsh was 17.5. Both terrible numbers I know. I am 33. My ivf is scheduled for January. They are going to do a minimal stimulation protocol because my fsh is so high. Am I crazy to go through with this? It seems like all odds are against me but I just really want to give it a try. I want to hear success stories of people with low egg count and high fsh.
Shelleyegg

Re: Ivf advice - low egg reserve

Postby Ghost » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:08 am

Shelleyegg wrote:I just got my calendar and protocol for ivf today. My amh is .016 and my fsh was 17.5. Both terrible numbers I know. I am 33. My ivf is scheduled for January. They are going to do a minimal stimulation protocol because my fsh is so high. Am I crazy to go through with this? It seems like all odds are against me but I just really want to give it a try. I want to hear success stories of people with low egg count and high fsh.

Some of our patients with very low ovarian reserve go through with their own eggs just for closure. They can say they tried, and that thought gives them some value. Once in awhile it works, but usually not. After that, they often opt to use an egg donor.
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran

Postby fertilesolution » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:00 am

There are lot of people with DOR. I know a women whom got pregnant with twins. But both stopped developed and she had miscarriage. Her AFC was 11 and she had 6 follicles. There are lot of people who got succes eventhough there numbers are low.
fertilesolution

Postby Ezlant » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:58 am

I'm 30 years old with an an of .34. I started ivf but it seems like I haven't been responding to any of the injections. I'm on the maximum dosage of follistim and menapour. I'm going in on Friday and if I still don't have any eggs, the doctor is canceling ivf. Trying to stay optimistic but it's incredibly hard.
Ezlant

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)