IVF-Infertility.com home

Doc may cancel cycle b/c follicles are big, may be cysts

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

Doc may cancel cycle b/c follicles are big, may be cysts

Postby coll204 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:37 pm

Has anyone else been in this situation?
After 7 days of stims, I have a few huge follicles: one at 34mm, 2 at 25mm, one at 17mm, and then a few under 12mm.
The nurse told me today that the big ones might be cysts, and that I should continue stims tonight but be prepared for a possible cancellation tomorrow. Kind of rough news, but trying not to over-react.
Anyone else been here? Should I still be hopeful?
coll204

Re: Doc may cancel cycle b/c follicles are big, may be cysts

Postby mshelen33 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:21 pm

Hey there,

Yes I am actually there now. My husband and I were trying for a year and had 2 misscariages, so were referred for fertility counciling. I was diagnosed with extremely low AMH and my husband has a morphology issue. I started lupron about 2 weeks ago and had my first ultrasound today prior to stimulation, but unfortunately I now have a large cyst in my right ovary. My doc is continuing lupron and says to stay hopeful that my cycle will not be further delayed. I was disapointed but learning I really have no control over any part of this process and just have to some how stay positive... Hang in there apparently it is common!
mshelen33

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)