IVF-Infertility.com home

New to IVF

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

New to IVF

Postby Tinkerbelle71 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:32 pm

I got married at 19 and have 3 healthy children. Never had a problem getting pregnant, in fact I got pregnant on the first month we tried each time. Then I got a tubal. Then I got a divorce. My new husband and I have been married for 7 years now and I had a tubal reversal seven years ago. Unfortunately it did not work and my tubes are blocked again so now IVF is our only option.....
We went yesterday for our first consultation. Of course the doctor sounded all doom and gloom because I am 44 years old. He started to talk about using a donor egg but I told him to run my tests first. All my family members have had their period well up into their late 50's and have had babies in the early forties.
He did an ultrasound of my ovaries and seem to be amazed because I had 7 follicles on one ovary and 5 on the other. He acted like that was amazing or something. I've also had ovulation tests and I ovulate every month. My husband's labs are all normal. Im just currently waiting to start my period so I can have tbe FSH tedt done to test my hormone levels. He just seemed so surprised by the number of eggs I had produced. My friend who had IVF said that with drugs she only produced 15 and had nine harvested. And I've got 11 with no drugs? Is that a normal number? I had an AHC done and am currently waiting on those results....
Tinkerbelle71

Re: New to IVF

Postby Emily_rose » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:24 am

Tinkerbelle71 wrote:I got married at 19 and have 3 healthy children. Never had a problem getting pregnant, in fact I got pregnant on the first month we tried each time. Then I got a tubal. Then I got a divorce. My new husband and I have been married for 7 years now and I had a tubal reversal seven years ago. Unfortunately it did not work and my tubes are blocked again so now IVF is our only option.....
We went yesterday for our first consultation. Of course the doctor sounded all doom and gloom because I am 44 years old. He started to talk about using a donor egg but I told him to run my tests first. All my family members have had their period well up into their late 50's and have had babies in the early forties.
He did an ultrasound of my ovaries and seem to be amazed because I had 7 follicles on one ovary and 5 on the other. He acted like that was amazing or something. I've also had ovulation tests and I ovulate every month. My husband's labs are all normal. Im just currently waiting to start my period so I can have tbe FSH tedt done to test my hormone levels. He just seemed so surprised by the number of eggs I had produced. My friend who had IVF said that with drugs she only produced 15 and had nine harvested. And I've got 11 with no drugs? Is that a normal number? I had an AHC done and am currently waiting on those results....

You can get pregnant even with blocked tubes, this can be possible by IVF. IVF is like blessing for many women worldwide. This is an assisted reproductive technology (ART). IVF is the process of fertilization by extracting eggs, retrieving a sperm sample, and then manually combining an egg and sperm in a laboratory dish. The embryo(s) is then transferred to the uterus. The rate of success of IVF is quite high. The the process, doctor asked you to have some medication to increase the quality and quantity of eggs so that the conception will be easy. 15 was the optimal number of eggs to retrieve from the woman's ovaries without putting the woman at increased risk for ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. But if you are producing 11 eggs with out taking any medicine then this is good. For conceiving the egg quality and quantity must be good enough. If you are producing 11 eggs are, all 11 eggs are good then the chances of conception become good. All you can do now to is wait for positive result. hope the results will be in your favour. Good Luck.
Emily_rose

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)