IVF-Infertility.com home

ivf with donor eggs? anyone?

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

ivf with donor eggs? anyone?

Postby milaSM » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:41 am

Girls, is there anyone who used or is planning to use donor eggs? What are results? How and where did you find donor? Due to condition of my health de ivf is my last chance to have a baby. It’s so hard for me to decide on this procedure. I want to ask those girls who had already underwent this procedure, how do you feel now? Do you have regrets? What are your feelings toward your baby/babies? Do you have feelings that baby isn’t yours? I’m afraid I won’t be able to love this child.
I asked my sister to be our donor. Unfortunately she refused. I thought that maybe it’ll be easier to take this situation if it’s eggs of my sis. She thinks it will be wrong if we rise her baby. Maybe she’s right…

But what should I do now? I really need to talk to somebody about this. My mind is full of thoughts, doubts and questions. I feel like I’m going crazy( Another question is where is better to do this procedure? Will I be able to choose donor by myself? What about prices? I have no idea where to start. Moreover I’m not sure if I’m ready for this procedure. I hope you will help me to figure it out!
milaSM
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:38 am

Sponsor
 

Re: ivf with donor eggs? anyone?

Postby xenia » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:22 am

milaSM wrote:But what should I do now? I really need to talk to somebody about this. My mind is full of thoughts, doubts and questions. I feel like I’m going crazy( Another question is where is better to do this procedure? Will I be able to choose donor by myself? What about prices? I have no idea where to start. Moreover I’m not sure if I’m ready for this procedure. I hope you will help me to figure it out!


I can't help with dir experiences but a friend of mine has undergone ivf with de. She has a gourgeous daughter, who is about 5 now. For me genetics of my baby wouldn't be the issue, as you will feel a child grow, play and laugh. I think emotional ties are more important, than the egg part. If you want to find out more about prices,
xenia
Member
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: ivf with donor eggs? anyone?

Postby Melissa8 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:09 am

Your thoughts are so familiar to me. I think every woman has such thoughts on her mind before such procedure. It’s easier for men to accept this. It will be their child, so why should they worry about such things? To be honest, at first I was completely against de ivf. I thought it’s unnatural and I won’t be able to love a baby of another woman. How stupid I was! This procedure was my only chance to become a mother so I persuaded myself to do it. Now I have no regrets. I look at Sammy and I consider him as my son and no one else's. We had an opportunity to give our doctor list of features we want to see in our donor. We mentioned hair color, nose and face shape, eyes, lips, etc. I should say everyone tells me my son looks like me! We told everyone, even our family, that we had simple ivf. No one can ever tell we used egg donor. Of course I’m grateful to our doctor and that girl, who donated her eggs. I will never forget what they’ve done for us! But I really have no feelings like my son is not genetically related to me or I feel differently toward him. Absolutely no! I love him with my whole heart! As soon as I knew I’m pregnant all my doubts faded away. I carried him, I felt him inside my stomach, I had toxicosis, I sang for him and read fairytales for him, I gave birth to him! He’s my son and only my! We decided we’ll not tell Sammy about egg donor. I think he doesn’t need to know that. I’m his mom and I’ll do everything for him so there will be no need for him to look for donor. Speaking about clinic, we had de ivf in Ukrainian BioTexCom. We had 2 attempts in general. I’ve got pregnant from the first one. The clinic also offers «packages» with 1 or 5 attempts. So we’ve just chosen «package», which suited us the most. I wish you good luck with your procedure! I’m sure you’ll forget about your concerns as soon as you’ll know you’re pregnant!
Melissa8
Newbie
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: ivf with donor eggs? anyone?

Postby milaSM » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:21 am

xenia wrote:I can't help with dir experiences but a friend of mine has undergone ivf with de. She has a gourgeous daughter, who is about 5 now. For me genetics of my baby wouldn't be the issue, as you will feel a child grow, play and laugh. I think emotional ties are more important, than the egg part. If you want to find out more about prices,


Thanks for your reply! Do you know where your friend had de ivf? I hope you're right. Emotional ties are the most important. I believe my feelings will change when I feel baby inside. I want to have a child. I want to become mother and I want my kid to feel my love.
milaSM
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:38 am

Re: ivf with donor eggs? anyone?

Postby milaSM » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:25 am

Melissa8 wrote:Your thoughts are so familiar to me. I think every woman has such thoughts on her mind before such procedure. It’s easier for men to accept this. It will be their child, so why should they worry about such things? To be honest, at first I was completely against de ivf. I thought it’s unnatural and I won’t be able to love a baby of another woman. How stupid I was! This procedure was my only chance to become a mother so I persuaded myself to do it. Now I have no regrets. I look at Sammy and I consider him as my son and no one else's. We had an opportunity to give our doctor list of features we want to see in our donor. We mentioned hair color, nose and face shape, eyes, lips, etc. I should say everyone tells me my son looks like me! We told everyone, even our family, that we had simple ivf. No one can ever tell we used egg donor. Of course I’m grateful to our doctor and that girl, who donated her eggs. I will never forget what they’ve done for us! But I really have no feelings like my son is not genetically related to me or I feel differently toward him. Absolutely no! I love him with my whole heart! As soon as I knew I’m pregnant all my doubts faded away. I carried him, I felt him inside my stomach, I had toxicosis, I sang for him and read fairytales for him, I gave birth to him! He’s my son and only my! We decided we’ll not tell Sammy about egg donor. I think he doesn’t need to know that. I’m his mom and I’ll do everything for him so there will be no need for him to look for donor. Speaking about clinic, we had de ivf in Ukrainian BioTexCom. We had 2 attempts in general. I’ve got pregnant from the first one. The clinic also offers «packages» with 1 or 5 attempts. So we’ve just chosen «package», which suited us the most. I wish you good luck with your procedure! I’m sure you’ll forget about your concerns as soon as you’ll know you’re pregnant!


Thank you so much for your reply! I really needed to hear these words. I can't hold back my tears when I read how you describe your feeling towards your son. I hope I'll feel the same. We are also thinking we won't tell our child that we used an egg donor. I think this information will be very confusing for a baby. I read a lot about Ukrainian clinics but I have some concerns. May I ask how much did you pay? Was it hard to stay in foreign country? What about communication with doctors and other people? Do you know Ukrainian? I will be very grateful if you share some details and thoughts about this clinic you've chosen.
milaSM
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:38 am

Re: ivf with donor eggs? anyone?

Postby rahulkumar123 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:24 am

no not yet prepared
rahulkumar123
Member
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:26 pm

Re: ivf with donor eggs? anyone?

Postby Melissa8 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:42 pm

milaSM wrote:Thank you so much for your reply! I really needed to hear these words. I can't hold back my tears when I read how you describe your feeling towards your son. I hope I'll feel the same. We are also thinking we won't tell our child that we used an egg donor. I think this information will be very confusing for a baby. I read a lot about Ukrainian clinics but I have some concerns. May I ask how much did you pay? Was it hard to stay in foreign country? What about communication with doctors and other people? Do you know Ukrainian? I will be very grateful if you share some details and thoughts about this clinic you've chosen.


Honey I'm sure you'll love your child! The clinic has a couple of packages. So you can choose the one, which suits the most. We chose 'double' for €6 900. Speaking about package we chose, we had 2 attempts. I've got pregnant from first attempt. We didn't pay all sum at once! I think it's too risky to do so. The payment was divided into 2 parts. We paid €3 450 after we signed contract during our first visit. We paid second half on the day of the first embryo transfer.

This clinic proposes same services for lower price. There were a couple of factors which convinced us to sign contract. When we came to the clinic for the first time, we saw many people there. I should say we didn't expect this at all! I never thought Ukraine is that popular. And since that moment I had a feeling that everything will be fine. Not for nothing people go there! At first I was sceptical. I thought their medicine stuck in the past. But after looking at the clinic and their modern equipment I changed my mind. Also their services. The clinic has already taken care about everything. So our stay in Ukraine was absolutely comfortable. We were met in the airport by taxi driver, who was carrying us across Kiev by his car. He was transporting us to the clinic and our apartment, which was also provided by the clinic. We had a manager and she translated everything for us. She spoke language fluently, so there were no misunderstandings. They even provided us with food supply! The only thing which we cared about was de ivf procedure. All these services were already included in our package. We didn't pay some extra fees. The clinic never asked to pay additional charges.

We had 3 visits in a framework of our procedure. The clinic provided us with accommodation during all our visits. By the way, we were provided with food supply too. Our doctor assigned the treatment plan for us. Also she gave us all needed instructions. We didn't go to biotexcom for ultrasounds and tests. All these we did in our local clinic. Then we just had to send the results to our program coordinator by mail. So there was no extra waste of money.
Melissa8
Newbie
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: ivf with donor eggs? anyone?

Postby Ghost » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:42 pm

In October, at least three different posters on these boards have made glowing claims about a Ukrainian clinic called Biotex.

This seems a pretty amazing coincidence, given there are more than 1000 clinics worldwide.

Each of them posts in similar broken English.

Anybody reading these boards should apply critical thinking in deciding whether any given post on the internet is genuine or just advertising in disguise.
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran
 
Posts: 3929
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 5:01 pm

Re: ivf with donor eggs? anyone?

Postby lanabanana » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:20 pm

Hi dear! I have pcos. I've been in treatment for years. Unfortunately it brought zero result. For me looking for a clinic was one of the hardest and stressing parts. I've got pregnant via de ivf last year. We used Ukrainian clinic. I gave birth to 2 beautiful girls in November 2016. I have no feeling my babies are not mine genetically. To be honest I had some doubts. I didn't know how I feel about the procedure. But ivf with donor egg was our last and only one option. Now I can tell that these babies are mine. I really feel it and I don't make myself to do so) I love them so much and I have no regrets!
lanabanana
Newbie
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:32 pm

Re: ivf with donor eggs? anyone?

Postby Emily_rose » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:24 am

milaSM wrote:Girls, is there anyone who used or is planning to use donor eggs? What are results? How and where did you find donor? Due to condition of my health de ivf is my last chance to have a baby. It’s so hard for me to decide on this procedure. I want to ask those girls who had already underwent this procedure, how do you feel now? Do you have regrets? What are your feelings toward your baby/babies? Do you have feelings that baby isn’t yours? I’m afraid I won’t be able to love this child.
I asked my sister to be our donor. Unfortunately she refused. I thought that maybe it’ll be easier to take this situation if it’s eggs of my sis. She thinks it will be wrong if we rise her baby. Maybe she’s right…

But what should I do now? I really need to talk to somebody about this. My mind is full of thoughts, doubts and questions. I feel like I’m going crazy( Another question is where is better to do this procedure? Will I be able to choose donor by myself? What about prices? I have no idea where to start. Moreover I’m not sure if I’m ready for this procedure. I hope you will help me to figure it out!



One can undergo IVF with its own egg, donor egg, own sperm and donor sperm. There are many ways to undergo IVF depending upon your health and cause of infertility. As you said, according to your health condition, IVF with donor is the only option, then firstly you need to find a well-reputed and well-known clinic. My friend undergo IVF few months back, now she is pregnant and she had no regret at all. In fact, she is very baby and pregnant with a baby boy. But one can feel regret if found inadequate or faulty clinic or doctor. So, choose the clinic carefully. A clinic named as BioTexCom in Ukraine provides best quality services of IVF with donor eggs. They have perfect balance of price and quality. They have wide range of egg donors who are perfectly fine and the donors underwent so many tests before selection.The doctors there deal even with the most hopeless cases of infertility. Managers who lead the program stay in touch with patients from the early beginning and till the program’s end. And most importantly you can choose donor of your own choose but only from their database. The cost Depends upon the package you taken. Hope it helps you. Good Luck.
Emily_rose
Newbie
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:03 am

Re: ivf with donor eggs? anyone?

Postby Ghost » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:37 pm

Avoid the Ukraine. A clinic there has shills post under numerous sock accounts pretending to be patients in order to deceive prospective patients into going there for fertility treatment.
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran
 
Posts: 3929
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 5:01 pm


Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests