IVF-Infertility.com home

Donor cycle at 51

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

Donor cycle at 51

Postby lynniecat » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:23 pm

Hi - Just checking if anyone knows if there are clinics abroad that will do donor cycles when the recipient is 51.

Thanks,

Lynniecat
Me: 44 severely reduced reserve
DH: 44 perfect
IVF 1: Feb 08 -BFP twins (lost one at 7 weeks, one at 13 weeks) :-(
IVF 2: June 08 -BFN :-(
IVF 3: September 08 -BFN :-(
IVF 4: November 08 - Katherine Emma born 8/9/2009 :D
lynniecat
Regular

Re: Donor cycle at 51

Postby Ghost » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:48 am

lynniecat wrote:Hi - Just checking if anyone knows if there are clinics abroad that will do donor cycles when the recipient is 51.

Thanks,

Lynniecat

Hi Lynnie. Been a long time. It seems you are well.

My center likes to cut it off around 55. I'm sure we are not the only ones. Call around. You'll find them.

One more tip: The private centers might be more lenient than the academic centers.
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran

Postby lynniecat » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:25 pm

Thanks Ghost,

I am happy to see you are still on the forum. I am doing well! My daughter is turning 8! Where did the time go??
Me: 44 severely reduced reserve
DH: 44 perfect
IVF 1: Feb 08 -BFP twins (lost one at 7 weeks, one at 13 weeks) :-(
IVF 2: June 08 -BFN :-(
IVF 3: September 08 -BFN :-(
IVF 4: November 08 - Katherine Emma born 8/9/2009 :D
lynniecat
Regular

Postby Emily_rose » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:08 am

lynniecat wrote:Hi - Just checking if anyone knows if there are clinics abroad that will do donor cycles when the recipient is 51.

Thanks,

Lynniecat

Although, IVF with donor cycle has very good success rates but the success rate of IVF depends upon various factors such as
Age: factor that reduce the chances of IVF success include being an older woman with fewer eggs and the lower quality of an older woman’s eggs.
Previous pregnancy: Factors such as a history of recurrent miscarriage or a different partner may reduce the chances of IVF success.
Type of fertility problems: IVF success factors are dependent on ovulation. Ovarian dysfunction, like high FSH levels which indicate a low ovarian reserve,and male infertility may reduce the chances of IVF success.
Use of donor eggs: Factors such as egg quality and age of donor are important. Using donor eggs from younger women may increase the chances of pregnancy for women over 40.
Lifestyle habits: Smoking, drinking and lack of appetite also effects chance of pregnancy.
Fertility clinic: The centre you choose to perform the IVF treatment can greatly affect your IVF success.
Hope you understand the whole criteria of IVF and its success dependency. At the age of 51, chances are very low, but if you are fit in other factors, then you can try once. Good luck.
Emily_rose

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)