IVF-Infertility.com home

Ghost, Intralipid infusions

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

Ghost, Intralipid infusions

Postby chonda » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:29 am

Hi,
What are your thoughts on intralipid infusions in conjunction with a FET of an embryo that is normal based on PGS testing?
Thanks
chonda

Re: Ghost, Intralipid infusions

Postby Ghost » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:49 pm

chonda wrote:Hi,
What are your thoughts on intralipid infusions in conjunction with a FET of an embryo that is normal based on PGS testing?
Thanks

The doctors I know never use it for any purpose. The centers I know with very high implantation rates do not use it for any purpose.

Richard Scott, a very highly regarded doctor, researcher, authority, and lecturer, described it as “snake oil”, which refers to a placebo sold fraudulently. In fact, intralipid is frequently used as the placebo in clinical trials.

None of that proves it’s worthless, but it does explain my skepticism.
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran

Postby chonda » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:19 am

Thank you

Is there a website for statistics on success rates for normal pgs tested embryos by age ?
chonda

Postby Ghost » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:14 pm

chonda wrote:Thank you

Is there a website for statistics on success rates for normal pgs tested embryos by age ?

Here are the success rates of a center that uses PGS in every cycle, or so I’ve heard. Notice all of their transfers are frozen.

https://nccd.cdc.gov/drh_art/rdPage.aspx?rdReport=DRH_ART.ClinicInfo&ClinicId=124&ShowNational=0

https://nccd.cdc.gov/drh_art/rdPage.asp ... National=0

Note: Navigate to the tab for Detailed Data Summary.

These success rates might be used as a rough estimate of what to expect with transfers of single PGS-normal thawed embryos.

I have no affiliation with that center. I have never worked there, I have never been to that center, and I have never met that physician (that I recall).
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)