IVF-Infertility.com home

First IVF Cycle

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

First IVF Cycle

Postby mbzz » Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:46 pm

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this site and am anxiously waiting for 12/28 to find out via bloodtest if our cycle was successful. This was our first attemp and we were able to transfer 2 embryos on 12/15, so i'm 11 days post transfer. I haven't had any vaginal discharge or bleeding, no cramping, nothing unusal. Many posts t hat I have read, women have taken hpt on post day 10 or after and received a postive result, being impatient i took hpt this morning and it was negative. Has anyone taken the hpt and gotten negative following IVF, only to learn they are pregnant?

Thank you.
Berta 36, Michael 36
mbzz

Postby Nicholas'sMom » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:37 pm

With my first IVF, I didn't take the hpt untill after they told me it was positive, I guess I didn't believe them. When I took it, the test was very light hardly seeing the postive, and as the weeks went on I took more and the postive got brighter. So I think the hpt test's can't get the level's that the blood has, I also had no symptoms at all, I didn't feel pregnant and didn't feel my period coming on. But it was postive.
So hope for the best. Good Luck !! :)
Heather
1st-IVF-Dec 2004 +ve, Nicholas Born and became an Angel on May 15, 2005 at 22 Weeks Gestation.
2nd-IVF/ICSI-Nov 2005 -ve
3rd-IVF/ICSI-March 2006/ Canceled, low quality embroys.
Lap-April 26, 2006-Endo Stage 2
4th-IVF/ICSI-June or July 2006
Nicholas'sMom

Postby jp » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:51 am

Nicholas'sMom wrote:With my first IVF, I didn't take the hpt untill after they told me it was positive, I guess I didn't believe them. When I took it, the test was very light hardly seeing the postive, and as the weeks went on I took more and the postive got brighter. So I think the hpt test's can't get the level's that the blood has, I also had no symptoms at all, I didn't feel pregnant and didn't feel my period coming on. But it was postive.
So hope for the best. Good Luck !! :)

I will pray to god for you Noco's Mom, Hope this time you'll make it with bang.
jp

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)