IVF-Infertility.com home

1st IVF

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

1st IVF

Postby dalila » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:44 pm

I am due to start IVF soon. I am worried about the procedures, please help.
dalila

Postby Julie2039 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:43 pm

Hello :D

I am in the same boat as in awaiting ICSI in the summer and am nervous too. I cannot offer the advice I am afraid but say I feel the same as you do and you will find there are lots of friendly people on here who can help. It has helped me loads to talk about stuff. :)

FertilityFriends.co.uk is also a good site with lots of people to help you. You are not alone...

Perhaps join one of the existing threads in the different boards.

Good luck xxxx

TTC 05/01
DH TESA 07/05 - BFP!!!
ICSI - Canc 01/07
FET 04/07 - BFP!!!
William Peter Born 23/12/07

Julie2039
Regular

Postby amfy » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:39 am

If you can work out when you are likely to be pregnancy testing you can join a thread in the general forum with others who are testing at around the same time as you. It's a great source of support.
amfy
Regular

Postby JESS FITZ » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:09 pm

Hello
I can give you some advice to my experience with my first IVF that was in Oct/Nov 05. The procedures went good I had no pain or discomfort with the egg retreival or the transfer. I was so scared and didnt know much about it at first but, it was very challenging and I had my hopes too high to where i just thought it would def. work because the only problem i had was no tubes due to 2 ectopics. I was so let down and devestated when it didnt work out for us. But we will be starting our 2nd attempt in march/april. Really i must say for me the worst about the whole IVF procedure was the shots and the mood swings! The outcome of my IVF was that i was pregnant with a positive result 10 days after the transfer then 3 days later went back for more blood work and my hormone levels dropped down to nothing a negative. I dont know what happened because through it all everything went so good the dr. kept saying how everything looked wonderful follicles were great i had 13 eggs hubby's sperm was great and then a big let down! But i wish you the best! And good luck!
Hopefully I will have beeter luck this year too! JESS
JESS FITZ

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)