IVF-Infertility.com home

IVF Day 3 Fresh vs. Day 5 Blast

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

IVF Day 3 Fresh vs. Day 5 Blast

Postby MaryAnnandScott » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:52 am

Hi Everyone-

New to the site, but not to IUI and IVF. We've been trying to conceive for over 3 years and..been there..done that. Just got another "negative" today to add to the list disappointments.

I've talked to friends and professionals and now I'd like to hear from all of you.

So want to hear if people feel more confident with a fresh Day 3 or Day 5 once it reaches blast stage? :(
MaryAnnandScott

Postby Smita » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:02 am

HI there!
Welcome to the site- sorry you've had a bad time so far,I'm sorry about your negative today..
but the good times are just around the corner.Personally, I had a 3 day transfer.Join us on the general forum, where a lot more girls post.

smita
me-32, dh 40
ttc 4+ years
4 failed IUI's
1st ICSI +ve 17/6/05:)
Baby girl Dhruvaa born on 14/02/06
Smita
Valued Contributor

Postby huston75 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:21 am

i have yet to embark upon my first IVF cycle, but thought i'd mention that i read in "fertility for dummies" (maybe not the best resource...) that 5-day blastocysts have a greater tendency to continue splitting once implanted, and split into identical twins. don't know how accurate that is, but it's something to think about...
huston75

Postby Shellbell » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:08 pm

Hi Mary Ann, sorry about your negative. My doc only does the 5-day transfer in his office. He seems to think that there is a slightly higher change of pregnancy because at 5 days it's easier to weed out the weaker embryos. Don't give up!

Michelle
Me = 34, DH = 33; TTC for 6 years
Due 3/13/08 - Baby Girl!!!!

Shellbell
Regular

Postby MaryAnnandScott » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:49 pm

Thank You Ladies for all your replies and well wishes...

As the saying goes...if you don't succed..try try again! and I think I will ask for a day 5 (insist) rather. Once Again! Thanks!
MaryAnnandScott

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)