IVF-Infertility.com home

ivf v iui

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

which would u have money not an issue?

ivf
76%
iui
24%

Total votes : 17

ivf v iui

Postby NickiMark » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:50 pm

Ivf or IUI
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Postby NickiMark » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:15 pm

Why?? :?:
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Postby bobs » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:10 am

Hi Nickimark, i would probably choose ivf over iui, purely because the statistics are more positive,But then that all depends on your individual circumstances.
At present my dh + I are pondering over having icsi or diui, for us our consultant has said the odds are exactly the same due to male factor infertility. If we choose icsi we will have donor backup.
Dont you feel that every step faces more + more questions! lol
Hope this is of some help to you
love bobs xx
Me 32,DH 39.Ttc 5yrs.Male factor
1st + 2nd attempt ICSI - June/Oct.. both -ve
3rd + 4thattempt ICSI.April /Oct'05..abandoned
5th attempt ICSI.. May/June '06..Last attempt + abandoned due to severe Ohss
2008/2009 Now in the process of Adoption :)
bobs

Postby kristiA » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:24 am

It depends on your personal situation and what the reasons for your infertility have been. I did 5 IUI's given that it was the "first step" in the process and by far the least expensive. All of those failed. I did my first IVF cycle and got a BFP on my hpt. My blood test is tomorrow to confirm it with my RE. IUI usually doesn't require any injections, like the daily injections during IVF. If IUI is a recommendation from your doctor, then I'd consider doing that first before IVF. I had a great experience with IVF though. I guess I'm biased because of my BFP, but really the whole process was good for me.
ME 36, DH 49
TTC 10 years
5 Failed IUI's
1st IVF Feb 2006 - TWIN BOYS Tyler & Brady born 9/30/06

kristiA
Regular

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)