IVF-Infertility.com home

First IVF Cycle - have questions

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

First IVF Cycle - have questions

Postby slevans » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:47 pm

My husband and I have already gone through all our IVF testing and I am about to start medications on Tuesday and I'm scared to death! What kind of side effects can I expect? Apparently most or all of the medication is injectables. Has anyone had problems with these? Do you take the medications after the egg retrieval? Thanks for any help you can give me. :shock:
slevans

Postby Laura M » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:13 pm

Dear Slevans,

Headaches and bloatess are the most common symptoms. It is not too bad really, just eat well and you will feel a lot better. Try not to get yourself constipated by drinking lots of water and eating fibre. It will help after EC.
After EC for about 48 hours is the most difficult as you are sore from the procedure, but nothing like other tests such as laparoscopy.
In fact, the one who suffers most is the husband :wink: , as we get very PMS.
The needles are very small so don't worry.
Best of luck
Laura
39 years old DH 45
3 IVF: 1st:neg, 2nd:neg, 3rd:++ at 36 years old(wonderful daughter,my soul)
1st FET- didn't survive the thawing process
2nd FET -ve
Now 4th IVF: Jan 06 : Tested 17th Feb: BFP!
Laura M
Regular

Postby nes » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:04 pm

Hi, I don't know if my answer will help you or answer your question, but in September I started my 1st IVF cycle, and most of my medication was injected also.
I was allergic to the meds, so I had to take daily antihistamines because I just kept itching all of the time!...

But it must have worked, as we are now 20 weeks pregnant with twins!

Hope your cycle goes well! Gook Luck!!!

x
Nes X

Mum to Twins Jess & Kai, born 1.06.06

nes
Regular

Postby journey » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:47 pm

DO I EVER KNOW HOW U FEEL! I WAS SCARED TOO! IT HAS BEEN A BREEZE SO FAR. THIS SITE WILL BE ALOT OF HELP SO DON'T HESITATE TO ASK ANYTHING AND I MEAN ANYTHING!! I AM ABOUT TO GO FOR MY RETRIEVAL THIS WEEK SO I CAN KEEP YOU POSTED ON THAT AROUND THIS FORUM. I CALL MYSELF JOURNEY. KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE THROUGH THIS NO MATTER WHAT COMES YOUR WAY. THE NEEDLES ARE NOT BIG AND DO NOT HURT. GOOD LUCK WITH IVF. OH YEAH TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ABOUT SIDE EFFECTS, HEADACHES AND BLOATED WERE MINE.

GOOD LUCK,

AMANDA :) :)
I am 25 years old
Married in Feb 06 for 6 yrs
Trying for 3 yrs
Had surgery for endometriosis and have only one tube but its messed up from endometriosis
Had two IUI's no luck
Starting IVF
journey

Postby slevans » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:28 pm

Thank you so much for your help. That makes me feel much better.
slevans

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)