IVF-Infertility.com home

Can IVF mess up your cycle and cause endometriosis?

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

Can IVF mess up your cycle and cause endometriosis?

Postby reddress » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:08 am

hello :)

I'm 30 and my husband and I have been trying for 13 months. After 2 failed IUI's, we decided to try IVF. I tracked my cycles with the Clear Blue Fertility monitor for a year before we started TTC, and I always ovulated on the 15th day, period on the 29th day. The IVF did not work, and for the past 2 months post IVF, my cycles have been crazy! Last month it was 36 days, this month I ovulated on day 26 so I'm expecting a 40 day cycle! Has this happened to anybody else!?!?

Also, I previously had cysts on my ovaries that were small and would go away by the end of the cycle, but post IVF, I now have a large cyst that the doctors are now thinking may be endometriosis... uternine tissue traveling up the fallopian tube and creating a cyst. So now I'm completely freaked out!

I was just wondering if anybody has any insight on what this could mean? I always had very regular cycles and hardly any period pain. The doctor originally ruled out endometriosis... but it looks like I may have it after all. Could the IVF/hormones caused it? I'm so confused and scared!
reddress

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)