IVF-Infertility.com home

Follicles and eggs

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

Follicles and eggs

Postby Sweetness » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:15 am

Looking for someone who may have had the same experience as myself. Yesterday I had my ER and out of only 9 follicles, there were only three eggs. The other six follicles were empty, of the three eggs, only one was mature and fertilized. So we have one embryo waiting to be transfered on Saturday. Has anyone ever gotten BFP with just one embryo? I need a little pep talk...17 years ago I had a tubal-ligation, the worst mistake I ever made...

Thanks,
Sweetness

1st IVF cycle
me 37, dh 38
Sweetness

Sponsor

Postby 032323 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:28 pm

Hiya

IT ONLY TAKES ONE!!!

GOOD LUCK - I REALLY HOPE IT WORKS! :D

CAZx
Regular

Follicles & eggs

Postby Sweetness » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:22 pm

CAZx,

Thanks for the reply...that is what everyone keeps telling me, it only takes just one! My ET is in 2 more hours!!! Thanks for the encouragement.

Sweetness
Sweetness

Postby 032323 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:37 pm

I REALLY WANT TO SEE IT WORK FOR YOU AS YOU ARE IN THE POSITION I WAS IN FOR MY FIRST 3 ICSI ATTEMPTS!! ON MY 4TH ATTEMPT I HAD 2 EMBRYOS TRANSFERED - I REALLY COULDNT BELIEVE IT!! BUT STILL IT FAILED EVEN THOUGH THE EMBRYOS WERE GOOD QUALITY - BUT I WONT GIVE UP UNTIL I PRODUCE NO EGGS!!! THAT COULD HAPPEN AS I AM 43 YEARS OLD. HOPING TO START AGAIN AFTER MY FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENT WHICH HOPEFULLY WILL BE SOON.

ANYWAY - BACK TO YOU! I KNOW OF A LOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE THAT IT HAS WORKED FIRST TIME FOR SO PUT YOUR FEET UP AND REALLY TAKE IT EASY!! KEEP US POSTED!! AND AGAIN I WISH YOU THE VERY BEST OF LUCK!! :D

CAZx
Regular

Postby asante » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:15 pm

Good lucky, just keep praying you know.. Do not blame yourself for the decison you made 17 years ago.
asante
Regular

Postby NickiMark » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:25 pm

Good Luck xx
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Postby Mariah2006 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:13 am

message edited.
Mariah2006

Follicles and eggs

Postby Sweetness » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:13 pm

CAZx,

I just now read your reply and here it is Wedensday the 15th, sorry about that. Thanks for you're story it helps a lot, we are not able to afford ivf for another go around it is now or never I'm afraid. I'm happy though that you can keep trying until you are out of eggs like you said. I'm still concerned about only having one embryo, but a lot of woman have a bunch more and still never get bfp! I need to count my blessings and there are a lot of them, I just want to be able to give my husband his very own child. He has been a wonderful father to "our" daughters, he practicly raised them from the time they were 4 and 6 years old. I know that whatever happens is the Lords will and it is not for me to question, but more than anything I pray I'm pg anyway. I will know on March the 22nd, that is my date for my pg blood test. That is still a week from today, I'm going to go nuts! I'm trying real hard to take it easy but I'm getting cabin fever! Again thanks for the encouragement and for telling me a little about you're history, that was very kind of you. I hope your dreams of having a baby come true for you, it seems that you have gone through a lot.

Take care,
Sweetness

me 37
dh 38
1st ivf cycle March 06
Waiting for a bfp!!!
Sweetness

Postby LisaB75 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:53 pm

You need to read the "It really only does take one" thread in the General Forum. I think that will give you a lot of hope!

Best of luck to you for a BFP!!!
:)
Lisa B
Blocked Tubes
First IVF cycle Mar/Apr 06 - BFP!! DD born December 2006.
Left tube removed 2007
Ectopic Pregancy naturally in June 2008
Right tube removed 2009
Round 2 IVF - Oct/Nov 2010 - BFP!!!
LisaB75
Regular

Postby 032323 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:36 pm

HI SWEETNESS

I HOPE ALL IS WELL - AND I HOPE YOU ARE TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF!!
PMA PMA :D

KEEP US POSTED!

CAZx
Regular

Follicles and eggs

Postby Sweetness » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:58 pm

Lisa,

I did read that thread about "it only takes just one" yesterday but thankyou for trying to help. I had my post-op apt. today from my e/r last Wed. I'm doing fine, they just wanted to know what symptoms I'm having since then. Sore breasts and slight abdominal cramping, but otherwise I'm fine. I'm still bloated from all the fertility shots, I was on such an aggressive amount, and I still only ended up with three eggs. None of my doctors really know why that is, but before I left today guess what the nurse practioner said? You're right...."it only takes just one"! So if you dont mind me asking why were you're tubes damaged? Hope to hear from you soon...

Sweetness

me 37
dh 38
1st ivf cycle 3/06
1 week until pg test!
Sweetness

Postby LisaB75 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:19 pm

I had a hydrosalpinx in both tubes and had surgery in 04 to correct them. After the surgery - dr. said that he unblocked the tubes and drained the fluid - but the damage was pretty extensive and he really didn't feel like I would conceive on my own. He have me a 20% chance. So we tried for 18 mos. or so and now here I am, going thru my first cycle of IVF.

Another tidbit of info - I was misdiagnosed for years as having ovarian cysts - from the time I was 16 yrs old! I would get excrutiating pain in one side or the other and the docs would do ultra sounds and confirm they were cysts. I found out from my RE (same one who did the surgery) that I probably never had a cyst - they were seeing my bloated fallopian tubes on the ultra sound and mistaking them for cysts. Aside from surgery - the only sure way to diagnose blocked tubes is an HSG.

Anyway - that's my story. Good luck to you with everything. There are a lot of BFPs lately - I hope you are one of them!!
Lisa B
Blocked Tubes
Left tube removed 2007
Right tube removed 2009
LisaB75
Regular

Follicles and eggs

Postby Sweetness » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:27 pm

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the imformation, I also have hydrosalpinx in one tube and my other tube is obliterated. I found this out last year in March that my fallopian tubes would never be repairable. I believe this was caused by my tubal-ligation surgery. In my case I had no problem getting pg. I just was getting divorced and in a very bad financial situation which left me with not many options. I had two children under the age of 4 and our future was uncertain and I was very afraid of getting pg again so I felt the tubal was my only option. Low and behold I met my prince charming two years later, fell in love got married and could not give him a child. So in my situation I feel I'm to blame, most infertile women seem to be born with these problems, and I caused mine. I'm so sorry you were mis diagnosed by your earlier doctor, that is to bad. I had that dye test you were refering too back in 1995, it made me feel like I was having menstral cramps, but with mine the test showed my tubes open to a certain point. Back then the doctor had to do a laproscopy to see if the other ends were repairable. Well that's when my hopes were shattered, the langauge used to describbe my tubes were heart breaking. We were told then that my uterus and ovarys were healthy and that I was a perfect candidate for IVF. Anyway here we are 11 years later both of us pushing 40 and wanting to have a baby of our own so bad. My girls are now 20 and 18, my younger daughter will be 19 in May. Folks that I have told about this for the most part are supportive, a few think it is nuts to want to start all over again. But those folks have children with their spouse and they would not understand anyway. Thank you so much for sharing some of your history with me, I've probably gone on to long about my situation. I do hope your dream of having a baby will come true, at least I have had children in the past, a lot of ladies can not say that...Much luck to you and your dh.

Sweetness
me 37
dh 38
married 14 years
tubal blockage/2cyts on right ovary
Just had 1st IVF waitng for pg blood test on 3/22
Sweetness

Postby LisaB75 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:21 pm

Thanks for the well wishes. As I said before - I hope your test on 3/22 comes back with a BFP!!
Lisa B
Blocked Tubes
Left tube removed 2007
Right tube removed 2009
LisaB75
Regular

Follicles and eggs

Postby Sweetness » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:23 am

Lisa thanks for the reply and good luck begining your stims tomorrow..have a nice weekend..

Sweetness
me 37
dh 38
damaged tubes
1st ivf cycle 3/06
Waiting for a BFP on 3/22....
Sweetness

Next

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)