IVF-Infertility.com home

How should I sleep after transfer?

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

How should I sleep after transfer?

Postby ampmed1 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:38 pm

hello everyone. I know this might sound crazy but I was wondering if anyone has advice on which position I should sleep in after the transfer? I have already been through 2 failed FET and each time I had difficulty falling asleep because I am a belly sleeper and I was nervous the entire time thinking " I know this sounds stupid" but I was thinking that I would somehow affect the transfer if I slept on my abdomen so I slept on my side or on my back and let's just say that i did not sleep much.

Also, should I do 24 hours bedrest this time? My doc says just 6-8 hrs then light activity until pregnancy test results. Did that first 2 times and the transfer did not work.

My doc says that there is nothing I can really do to help them out. She says embies are like spit balls on a wall. Some of them stick and some of them don't! Weird huh?

I am also doing acupuncture this time and it really seems to be helping with my stress level.

I would greatly appreciate any advice out there.

thanks a bunch!

2nd
Your Fellow Pincushion!
Anna
1st IVF cycle cancelled due to OHSS 2/06
FET 4/06, BFN
FET 6/06, BFN
2nd IVF 10/06 BFP!!!!
BFP TURNED INTO A BIG FAT M/C!
ampmed1

Sponsor

Postby suzhan » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:36 pm

My clinic recommended 3 days of bed rest (including the day of transfer). I was told to just maintain less than 45% angle (meaning head is less than 45% inclined from the body) and that any position was find - belly, side, back, etc.

That said, many have referenced research articles showing that bed rest has not be proven to be of any benefit with implantation.

So, bottom line, I wouldn't worry at all about it. Try to relax and think positive thoughts (I know, easier said than done some times....but keep your mind busy with other things if you can.....)

Best of luck to you!

- Suzhan
suzhan
Regular

Postby luvbabies » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:55 pm

Ampmed1- I was wondering the same thing?? I too am a belly sleeper and this is my 1st FET I would start on my back but thru the night I'd catch myself on my stomach and get worried. I was told it's okay as long as it doesn't discomfort you. Also I was told 24hrs. bed rest than lite to normal activity after. I don't carry anything too much up-stairs like laundry baskets and such. Also I try to take my time before I bend over
for anything. May sound funny but makes me feel like I'm doing something :wink:
luvbabies
Regular

thanks

Postby ampmed1 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:26 am

thanks for the replies. I hope to hear from more regarding this issue. I think it should be okay to sleep on my stomach. Maybe if I just go about things like nothing has happened, maybe it will work this time. Well except for lifting things and such. I need to find something to keep my mind of the transfer and let nature take its course. :)

i gave myself a lupron shot tonight in the abdomen and got a big knot from it. really itches! darn shots!!!! :cry:
Your Fellow Pincushion!
Anna
1st IVF cycle cancelled due to OHSS 2/06
FET 4/06, BFN
FET 6/06, BFN
2nd IVF 10/06 BFP!!!!
BFP TURNED INTO A BIG FAT M/C!
ampmed1

Postby luvbabies » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:18 am

I'm not on Lupron for the FET I was for the IVF's. I gave myself Lupron shots in the upper thighs. I would be in a sitting position and not bad at all. I couldn't do it in the stomache-freaked me out so I had 3 choices
upper thigh, stomache or back of the arm. You have gutts why don't you switch it up if it gets to bad? As long as it is subcutaneous you are good.
I would swear on the thigh-really- a little tougher skin then the soft tummy.
luvbabies
Regular

Postby luvbabies » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:26 am

I'm not on Lupron for the FET I was for the IVF's. I gave myself Lupron shots in the upper thighs. I would be in a sitting position and not bad at all. I couldn't do it in the stomache-freaked me out so I had 3 choices
upper thigh, stomache or back of the arm. You have gutts why don't you switch it up if it gets to bad? As long as it is subcutaneous you are good.
I would swear on the thigh-really- a little tougher skin then the soft tummy.
luvbabies
Regular

Postby Duzezi » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:19 am

Sick.
Renters Board
Duzezi

Postby luvbabies » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:20 pm

duzezi-do you want to elaborate more on your comment!! :x

Hey it mey be sick but you do whatever you got to do to get that bundle of joy in the end. I speak for myself and Ampmed1 we would stick ourselves anywhere I think if it meant a BFP!
35yrs old DH-41
ttc-4yrs.
6mnths clomid=BFN
iui=BFN
1st IVF/ICSI=BFN
2nd IVF stop days b4 ER-DH w/test. cancer-sperm banked
2nd official IVF/ICSI =BFN
FET/ICSI =BFN
3rd IVF ICSI/AH=3/2007 BFN
luvbabies
Regular

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)