IVF-Infertility.com home

ANY HELP APPRECIATED

Discussion group for those interested in egg donation, egg sharing and embryo donation.

ANY HELP APPRECIATED

Postby disneygirl » Mon May 23, 2011 7:40 pm

Maybe you can help me. I have 3 failed ivf's. i am 32, dh is 35. out of 12 embryos we have not gotton passed a 5 cell on day 3. my doc mentioned we could do donor sperm. my hubby is completely fine with this, but i am having a really hard time with it. can anyone help me. we were thinking for ivf number 4 to get donor sperm also and see if that helped us get beyond 5 cells on day 3. someone also mentioned maybe we would be better of doing a 2 day transfer, but if we did this would we just leave donor sperm to day 3. thats was i was thinking and then we could freeze it but i know dh just will want transfer the donor embryo. what can i say to him to understand where im coming from, i just cant seem to get my head around not having his baby but on the other side i know i need to change something to see if it works. my dh says he would rather have a baby threw donor sperm than go threw all this for who knows hoe long.
How do i start to except donor sperm
disneygirl

Re: ANY HELP APPRECIATED

Postby Sunshine1576 » Wed May 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Disney,
It may all depend on how long you guys have been trying, I think you will know when the time is right. It certainly shouldn't be something that you are forced into doing, dh has to understand these things take time and it should be a joint decision. I have considered adoption so many times with my husband but he keeps telling me "Honey we are not quite there yet." I think at some point he is going to give in and say "ok this is our last resort", but if you think about it we're going to have a baby one way or the other and as long as that baby is healthy nothing else matters... Anyway I just wanted to tell you everything is going to work out in the end. Sunshine1576
Married 13 yrs
36, unexplained
1 natural pg- m/c at 7 wks
(2010-2012) 4 IUIs, 2 IVFs
FET cycle 2/25/2013
Beta: 95, 390, 1361
3/27 HR 140
4/10 HR 184
4/17 Released from RE
6/21 Found out we are having a BOY!
Sunshine1576
Valued Contributor