IVF-Infertility.com home

tubes fixed through laparoscopy-success rates?

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in infertility.

tubes fixed through laparoscopy-success rates?

Postby Cori » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:36 pm

Hi everybody,
I posted this same information on the general forum but only received 1 reply and was wondering if I could get any other input.
I had a laparoscopy 3 weeks ago and they found 2 ovarian cysts n my right ovary which my doctor got rid of. I also had scarring all around my right tube and slightly at the fimbriae (Hsg showed complete blockage of this tube) and my doctor actually got my tube to where it was showing partial spillage. My left tube was pretty much okay except for slight scarring at the fimbriae in which he corrected with laser also. No endometriosis and uterus is normal. There is complete spillage from my left tube.He believes that all of this scarring occurred from both my ectopic on the right side as well as from a severe bowel incident because I also had adhesions on my appendix, intestines and bowels. After removal of the adhesions, my doctor put a protective layer over everything to help prevent recurrence of scarring.Could anyone please tell me what my chances are now of ever conceiving? The plan is to do Cloid and IUI for 3 months and if no luck go on to IVF. Do I have any chance of pulling this off in the next 3 months?
Good luck to all of you.
Cori
Regular

Sponsor

Postby annag » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:56 pm

I am exactly in the same boat as you. I had an hsg in 9/06 and was found to have both tubes blocked. I had the lap 5 days later and my RE had to do a left salpingectomy and removed adhesions and fixed the right tube. He injected the blue dye which showed spillage but i'm not sure about how the fimbrae looked. He also removed polyps from my uterus. His plan is to start 2-3 cycles of clomid and iui's and then move on to ivf if this does not work. I am currently on my 2nd cycle of clomid/iui and I am so hoping this works. I asked for the success rates and he said that he has seen patients get pregnant (usu. in the first few months after lap) but could not quote me a number. I guess it depends on a lot of factors, ie: dh's count, how receptive you are to clomid, etc.... We do have a higher chance of ectopic too. I hope we are the lucky ones to get preggers after our lap. Baby dust to you!!!
Me 34 , DH 38
IUI x 3- BFN
IVF#1 March 07 BFN
FET June 07- BFP!

annag
Regular

thank you for your reply

Postby Cori » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:21 pm

Thanks annag.
I really appreciate your reply. We are definately in similar situations.
Before I finally decided to do the lap, I did go through 1 round of Clomid alone and 2 rounds of Clomid and IUI. Obviously, none were a sucess. I had the lap exactly 1 month ago today and have already begun my round of Clomid and will have IUI. My doctor wants to do this for 3 months and then also like you, move on to IVF if there is no success. Apparently after the lap, the sucess rates are pretty high. Something that I do want to mention is... my doctor told me that I may want to skip the month of December because in the 5 years that she has been ding this, she has NEVER had anyone conceive with IUI in December. She believes that it is due to the stress of the holiday season, the lack of sleep, the change in eating habits, etc. So, depending how stressed you get during the holiday, you may want to skip that month.
I wish you all of the luck. Keep the faith and hope and don't ever give up. Please let me know how things are going.
Cori
Regular

Postby annag » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:40 pm

Hi, I'm so glad you replied. I haven't heard of anybody in my situation and am starting to feel hopeless that this might not work at all. I am currently 4dpiui and trying not to obsess about every twinge i get. If this month does not work, I'll ask my RE about skipping December as you said. That way I take a break from clomid too. Wishing you all the luck and baby dust! Please keep in touch. I will let you know the result of my cycles and where I am in the treatment.
Me 34 , DH 38
IUI x 3- BFN
IVF#1 March 07 BFN
FET June 07- BFP!

annag
Regular

Postby Cori » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:50 pm

Annag
I am so glad that you responded to me too. When people go through the diffcult times that all of us on this site have, it is comforting to know that there are other people that understand exactly what you are going through. I really hope that it all works out for all of us.
Where are you from, if you do not mind me asking?
Please let me know how thing are going. I will keep wishing for you. My IUI is pobably going to be on the 28th.
Cori
Regular

Postby annag » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:13 pm

Cori, good luck with your IUI on the 28th. How many follies do you have? I usually get a folly scan cd 12 to make sure the lead folly is in the rt ovary otherwise we have to cancel. So far, the right ovary has been doing its job. I had 2 follies this last time. By the way, I'm from northeast Ohio but I am from NY (Staten Island) originally. My family actually still lives there but dh and I live in Ohio now.
Me 34 , DH 38
IUI x 3- BFN
IVF#1 March 07 BFN
FET June 07- BFP!

annag
Regular

Hi annag

Postby Cori » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:13 am

Hi annag!
I do not know how many follies that i have yet. I have my ultrasound on 11/27 which is cycle day 12. I worry about this because I tend to ovulate early but with the holidays and the weekend, there is no way that i can get in sooner and I am afraid that I will miss my time. I am going to hope for the best. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and I wish you all of the luck!!! I know how hard the 2ww is. Please keep in touch.
Cori
Cori
Regular

follicle check

Postby Cori » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:58 pm

Annag,
I had my follicle check today and have 2 on the right side. One measured 38mm and the other was 28mm. They went ahead and have me the Profasi shot and I am scheduled to have an IUI tomorrow and the next day. I am very nervous and very hopeful. How is everything with you?
Cori
Regular

Postby annag » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:06 am

Hi Cori! Wow, those follies are huge! I usually just get an 18mm and 15 mm and then wait another day for it to get bigger to get my trigger. This last cycle I had the IUI on CD 17. Good luck and I hope you get preggers with those juicy follies. Do they tell you to bd tonight and then the night of the iui too? That's my protocol. I get the iui 36 hr after the trigger shot.

As for me, I am 11dpiui and no major symptoms other than my usual pre-af ones like the sore boobs and bloating. I have been getting twinges on my rt ovary and uterus once in a while but i had them last cycle too and that was negative. I'm holding out on the POAS until Friday. The last cycle, af got her rt on 14dpiui.

Good luck and baby dust to you!!! Let me know how the iui went. (mine was painless and i was worried it didn't go through but I guess that's how it's supposed to be.)
Me 34 , DH 38
IUI x 3- BFN
IVF#1 March 07 BFN
FET June 07- BFP!

annag
Regular

Hi Annag

Postby Cori » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:24 pm

Hi Annag!
I am wishing and hoping for you every day. I hope that it all works out.

As far as the size of my follies go, my dr. told me that she thought that the 38mm one was flat and had already been released but that she was very happy with the 28mm one. I had to get approval from another physician as to if I could receive the Profasi shot because of the large follicle's potential to still be active and the risk of hyperstimulation. Last night, I woke up in the night with bad pains in my right side. I finally got myself back to sleep but woke up hours later with the same horrile cramps. I am nervous but I assume everything is okay because other than extreme bloating, I am okay. Has this happened to you after the trigger shot?
I go in for my IUI at noon. I have had 2 other IUI's in the past and I agree with you, it is painless.
Please let me know how you are doing.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. Thanks again for your continuous support. I am so glad that we can be there for each other on this web site.
Cori
Cori
Regular

Postby annag » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:48 am

Hi, how was the IUI? Hope the swimmers hit the target. I've never had that cramping after the trigger shot but I have heard of 2 of my friends who went through the same thing happen to them. Their RE's told them they were laying big eggs :) which is your case. I, on the other hand, laid a small one. Hoping for the best for both of us. This will be the greatest Christmas present if I get a BFP. Lots of baby dust to you!
Me 34 , DH 38
IUI x 3- BFN
IVF#1 March 07 BFN
FET June 07- BFP!

annag
Regular

Postby annag » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:51 pm

Hi Cori,

Got the nasty witch af today....I am so devastated!!!! I called my RE and decided to give it one last try just to finish the year. I think this is it for me. I've decided to take the ivf route if this last iui doesn't work. I am just so emotionally spent from hoping and wishing and wondering if my one tube is still open to even get the swimmers in . I'm still doing the same protocol with the clomid and will get the baseline u/s on monday. Hope everything is well with you. Baby hopes and dreams for your 2ww!

Anna
Me 34 , DH 38
IUI x 3- BFN
IVF#1 March 07 BFN
FET June 07- BFP!

annag
Regular

Postby annag » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:52 pm

Hi Cori,

Got the nasty witch af today....I am so devastated!!!! I called my RE and decided to give it one last try just to finish the year. I think this is it for me. I've decided to take the ivf route if this last iui doesn't work. I am just so emotionally spent from hoping and wishing and wondering if my one tube is still open to even get the swimmers in . I'm still doing the same protocol with the clomid and will get the baseline u/s on monday. Hope everything is well with you. Baby hopes and dreams for your 2ww!

Anna
Me 34 , DH 38
IUI x 3- BFN
IVF#1 March 07 BFN
FET June 07- BFP!

annag
Regular

I am sorry!

Postby Cori » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:54 pm

I am so sorry Anna.
I know exactly how you are feeling and I feel for you. I am so glad that you are going to keep trying. It WILL work, you just have to keep believing that it will. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
I don't think that it worked for me this time either. I just know in my heart. I actually have decided the same thing as you. I will try IUI a couple of more times and if it doesn't work, we will go to IVF.
It is going to work for us. We have a lot going for us. We both keep trying, we're relatively young and I really believe that it's going to happen.
PLease keep in touch and try to stay positive.
Love,
Corinne
Cori
Regular

Did not work again.

Postby Cori » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:28 pm

Hi Anna,
just wanted to let you know that my IUI did not work again. We decided to skip this month but will try again next month. Are you going to go ahead with the iUI this month? I assume that if you are it would probably be around this time, right? Good luck with everything and I hope you get a special Christmas gift. Please let me know.
Cori
Cori
Regular

Next

Return to Infertility