IVF-Infertility.com home

Preparation for IUI

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in insemination using partners sperm, or donor insemination.

Postby Jane37 » Wed May 09, 2007 2:54 pm

So, now I'm all confused :?
I have had half spotting/ half bleeding since day 18 of my cycle and I still have my period to look forward to on Friday. I saw my Chinese doctor this morning and she says that my body is still recovering from the laparoscopy and we should delay the insemination for this month. Obviously something isn't quite right with all this bleeding but now I don't know what to do. She wants to give me another couple of months of herbs as they're especially for fertility and obviously as soon as I start taking hormones that will throw everything that she has done out of whack. She says that as my body is still getting rid of stuff after the operation it is not ready for a pregnancy and we'll waste money. Haven't talked to DH yet but I'm tempted to delay things. Any advice?
Jane
Me - 38, DH - 40
Mar 07-laparosopy, tubes unblocked
Jul 07-IUI BFN
Aug 07-IUI cancelled
Sep 07-natural BFP

Image
Jane37
Regular
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Germany

Postby Polly12 » Thu May 10, 2007 3:15 am

Hi Jane, Your cycle sounds very short! I had a laparoscopy and i never had on going bleeding/spotting from it and in my personal opinion i do not agree with your Chinese doctor that your body is still "recovering from it" unless you actually had endo or cysts or something removed, otherwise what is there to recover from? Its an exploring tool, not an operation. However, i did recently have a smear and swabs taken before i start my fertility treatment and i started spotting and bleeding from that mid cycle and it bought my period on super early, maybe something similar is happening to you.

Do you want to delay the insemination? If i was in your shoes, and i got my LH Surge, no Chinese doctors opinion would stop me from going ahead, ive waited too many months now - but that is my personal opinion (and don't get me wrong i have used colonics, and alternative therapies for years for my IBS so im not against it) i just think you need to maybe get a second opionion on putting your IUI on hold.

However, if you have a gut feeling something is not right you might be best to wait - if that is what you can do, i personally can hardly wait till next Friday! all the very best with your decision, i guess DH's input might be of help in making your decision, not an easy one aye (especially where money is involved).

Also - i dont' mean to be negitive or offend you in anyway, but are you sure your best interests are her reason for wanting to continue to treat you for longer? Just a thought, she may be a friend or rally of yours so i dont' mean this to be offensive in anyway, just a thought.
Its not our ideal way of having a family, but i know its going to be our ideal family.


16 May 07- First IUI BFP!!!!!
Azoospermia in DH
Trying since 2005
Polly12
Regular
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:58 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Jane37 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:27 am

Thank you for your opinion Polly, I'm still not sure what to do :? My period came last night (26 day cycle but the docs aren't worried about that) which would mean we would have IUI around the 21st / 22nd if we decide to do it. I've already booked the first ultrasound because I can cancel if I change my mind but I would still like to feel that I know what my body is doing before we spend all this money!!

You know what I just realised :idea: I had a smear test two weeks ago and although I didn't start spotting straight away it could be a reason for the bleeding, the same thing happened last year! - Polly, you are a star, I'd forgotten all about that!!

It has occurred to me that they may want my money (cynic) but I have been seeing these people since August (not friends or rellies) and I trust them. I have also felt so much better since taking the herbs and I have been detoxing since Monday which has also made a difference. I want to do the IUI but also want to make sure my body is fit so that I'm not disappointed if I get a BFN. Have tried calling my sister and a couple of friends this morning for their opinions but nobody is home!

So, I'm still sitting on the fence and DH will support whatever decision I make.

So pleased you are looking forward to your IUI, hope you are not worrying too much. I think also that if there are no known problems it is good to do things naturally if possible.

Still thinking - Jane
Me - 38, DH - 40
Mar 07-laparosopy, tubes unblocked
Jul 07-IUI BFN
Aug 07-IUI cancelled
Sep 07-natural BFP

Image
Jane37
Regular
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Germany

Previous

Return to Insemination

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest