IVF-Infertility.com home

2 week wait after IUI

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in insemination using partners sperm, or donor insemination.

2 week wait after IUI

Postby not hopeless yet » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:13 pm

Hi all-

Well I had my 3rd, and last, IUI on Sunday. It's my last because I've been on Clomid for 6 mths... anyhow, i'm on my 2ww and will go in for bloodwork on Feb 17. Ironically I have a baby shower to attend that day! If I get a BFN I don't know if i'll be able to handle the shower.

But I'm just wondering if anyone else is on their 2ww. Let me know- we can pray for each other!
not hopeless yet
Regular

Sponsor

Postby smattison » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:57 am

I had my 1st IUI on Monday...5-6 possibilities. I only have one tube so I really hope this works. I don't know if I can take another BFN.

How may follicles did you have? I had 10-11 total and boy that was so painful. They told me I would ovulate on both side even without my right tube.

We find out about the same day...I will take a HPT on Saturday the 16th! I will pray for you and you do the same for me...keep me posted!
ME 38 DH 36
9/08 4th-IVF BFP ****Girl

smattison
Regular

Postby not hopeless yet » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:24 pm

Hi Smattison-
Looks like our cycles are aligned- I'm testing on the 17th. Although the last three times we did this I didn't even have to go in for bloodwork because AF showed up. But I'm praying, praying, praying it works this time... because our next step will be IVF and that will be painful, with all the shots and retrieval.
Anyhow, I was on Clomid 50mcg/daily and did a trigger shot. They said i had one huge folli on each side but said each folli had multiple eggs, does that sound right? I've got my fingers crossed for you (and me!)
Just a lil over 1 week to go. Is it just me or do you think about the possible embryo in there, every hour of every day? :D
not hopeless yet
Regular

Postby smattison » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:45 pm

not hopeless yet-
Well 1st each follie only has 1 egg...my husband is a doc and I asked him to make sure. I had 5-6 follies on each side...I was taking injections like you do for IVF, so I would produce multi follies. I was on clomid when I got pregnant last year so clomid does work.

2nd you are not alone...I think about it all the time. I am very small and while taking the shot my tummy got bloated...I look 2-3 months prego right now and I find my self touching my belly and hoping.

Will you be taking any HPTs?

Oh and BTW IVF is not that bad...not good, but not that bad!

We have to be optimistic with out hope we have nothing!

Lots of luck andbaby dust!
ME 38 DH 36
9/08 4th-IVF BFP ****Girl

smattison
Regular

Postby not hopeless yet » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Baby Dust to you too!

And although I'm having bloodwork on the 17th I probably won't be able to resist a HPT...

Thanks for the encouraging words about IVF. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers until we both test!
not hopeless yet
Regular

Postby not hopeless yet » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:00 pm

Well I did two hpt which were both negative but I kept holding out hope that maybe I did them too early... however, this weekend AF visited so I canceled my bloodwork. I am so disappointed. We did 5 months of clomid and 3 IUIs. We'll be meeting with the doc next week to discuss IVF. How bout you? Hopefully you had better news this weekend!
not hopeless yet
Regular

Postby SDtrying » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:59 pm

not hopeless- sorry to hear about AF arriving. It so frustrating. But with your user name, I have faith in your ability to keep hope alive! What are your plans, what day do you meet with your doc about IVF?
SDtrying
Regular

Postby not hopeless yet » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:10 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. I have many friends and family members telling me how patient and positive I remain... of course we all have our down days but I try to take baby steps. No pun intended!

anyhow, we met with the doctor on Monday and unfortunately IVF isn't our next step. I didn't realize our insurance requires 3 cycles of FSH/IUI. So starting next month we'll try the FSH shots once a day with monitoring via bloodwork/us every 3 days.

That's it for now. Hope your baby journey is going well too.
not hopeless yet
Regular

Postby SDtrying » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:16 am

Sorry to hear about your insurance, but its always possible that IUI will work for you! I just called my insurance company and 2 weeks ago and found out that they don't cover ANYTHING!! ugh. Since we have limited funds, we're gonna ask our RE to go to IVF rather than try IUI. I think if we had coverage we might try IUI too (sounds much less invasive), but since our funds are limited I'd like to try IVF. I don't know what our RE will advise.

When's your next appt?
Me-34- 1 tube shy of a pair
DH 33- 6% morphology
TTC- since 1/07
IVF 5/2008-- BFP! (joy to the world)
DS born 1/25/09
planned FET mid-November 2010
still tryin' in the meantime!
SDtrying
Regular

Postby not hopeless yet » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:09 pm

Ooh so sorry to hear about your lack of insurance coverage... You are right to jump to IVF. With insemination you only up your chance of conceiving to like 10% so with limited funds you'll want to give yourselves the best chance with IVF. So good luck. Keep me posted on your progress.

We're just waiting for insurance approval for the FSH/IUI and then we can order the injectables. So i'm not sure if we'll get approval in time for my March cycle. It's just a waiting game.

When is your appt? I wonder if our cycles are aligned and we could be cycle buddies. :D My cycle day 1 will be around March 16.
not hopeless yet
Regular

Postby SDtrying » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:43 pm

Thanks for the encouragement to go straight to IVF, I need it. I was starting to feel like maybe I'm being too hasty.

I'll keep my figures crossed about getting the FSH approved in time? How much does it cost? It might be too big a gamble, but you could think about paying for the meds and just bank on the approval coming in time to cover the procedure? Just a thought, might not be worth it. Also, I think some insurance companies will do retroactive coverage, if you pay for it they could reimburse you once its through the approval process (but that's a pretty big gamble too). ..... as you can see, I'm a very impatient person! :D i'm no good at the waiting games!

Speaking of which, this 2ww is killin' me! we can definitely be cycle buddies, we're 6 days apart.

I'm due for AF on March 10th. my appt is on March 21st, that will be my third month of clomid and my RE said we could discuss IVF. we'll see.
Me-34- 1 tube shy of a pair
DH 33- 6% morphology
TTC- since 1/07
IVF 5/2008-- BFP! (joy to the world)
DS born 1/25/09
planned FET mid-November 2010
still tryin' in the meantime!
SDtrying
Regular

Postby Babysoft » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:03 pm

I hope it's okay if I join. I just had my iui done on Wednesday, I didn't do clomid I did the injections. I only produce 1 mature follie ....it's due to my high fsh I assume. Either way I'm on day 3 of my wait...hoping it works this time. I'll post more after I read the thread.

Best wishes tons of PMA
Babysoft
Regular

Postby not hopeless yet » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:18 pm

Hi BabySoft!
I'll either be starting my injections next week or next cycle (depending if I get the go-ahead from insurance company in time), so did you do FSH injections? They'll be starting me at 75units... I'm wondering how badly they hurt? And did you have any side effects?
Well I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Let us know how you're doing.
not hopeless yet
Regular

Postby Babysoft » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:25 pm

Hey Not Hope,

The shots I took were Menopur and Bravelle...two valves 75 per day for 5 days...then a took a shot to make sure I didn't ovulate early..then the shot to make me ovulate on Monday...then iui on Wednesday. The shots weren't bad at all...the medicine burned a little, but like I said I didn't care that much. But the side effects are bloating and a little soreness in the ab area. Nothing too major! Only thing I have a problem with is honestly I produced more follies when I used clomid. With these injections I only produced one mature follie! And because I have high fsh I think they should have monitored that a little bit better..they only gave me one test on day three so I'm a little curious as to what everyone is getting done as far as bloodwork.
Babysoft
Regular

Postby not hopeless yet » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:16 pm

Well I started my injections last night, in the belly instead of the leg, and I was worried it would hurt but it didn't! Just burned a little afterward. No biggie...

So i'll do injections 75 units/day for 10 days while getting bloodwork every 2-3 days starting tomorrow. I'm guessing depending how the bloodwork goes they'll also monitor via ultrasound. And while on Clomid I had u/s and each time had one 18mm follies on each side.

Honestly, I don't want much more follies, than I had with Clomid, with the injections unless they plan on converting the cycle to IVF rather than IUI. See, one sis-in-law has twins, the other one has triplets... and my dh and I aren't trying to be heroes. Just want atleast 1 biological child, you know? :)

Keep me posted on where you are on the rollercoaster!
not hopeless yet
Regular

Next

Return to Insemination