IVF-Infertility.com home

LIMBO- Come join us!

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in insemination using partners sperm, or donor insemination.

LIMBO- Come join us!

Postby SDtrying » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:42 am

Hi everyone,

MK and I hi-jacked the original success story threat (oops, totally unintended), so we decided to switch over to a new thread open to everyone particularly those who are in "Limbo" this includes those in the 2ww and those waiting to see what's the next step in the process. We can hang out here, till we hit our Limbo Dates.

Personally, I'm still in the clomid phase. Impatiently awaiting my next RE appt (Limbo Date-March 21st) to find out if we will do IUI next or IVF. Anyone else in limbo???

MK- sorry about another BFN. Here let me have a go at my spin-doctor techniques....at least now you've graduated into IVF! (I should have gone into politic, eh?) I don't mean to jest, but if we can't laugh how would we survive this!! Baby dust to you, my dear, in no time you'll have your BFP. I just know it!!
Me-34- 1 tube shy of a pair
DH 33- 6% morphology
TTC- since 1/07
IVF 5/2008-- BFP! (joy to the world)
DS born 1/25/09
planned FET mid-November 2010
still tryin' in the meantime!
SDtrying
Regular

Sponsor

Postby mkdig » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:04 am

Hi Sd! I have been reading the ivf board so much trying to get a little prepared!! Holy cow its a lot to process. I will still check in here with you, I want to know how things are going for you! I hope this is it and you dont have to move on!!
Me-31 polyps
DH-31 azoospermia
six failed iui's
Waiting, Waiting and more waiting
(really sick of waiting)
Starting ivf/icsi in June/July
Participating in Progesterone study
8/5/08 Beta #1-181 (11dp3dt)
mkdig
Regular

Postby SDtrying » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:45 am

Guess no one else is in limbo :(

Thanks for checkin' in. Are you still testing?? Is today 14 days after the IUI? Well, I'm still rootin' for ya.

I really like the IVF board too. Lots of good info, it feels good to find out about the process. I can't imagine going back on birth control! Yuck! But I guess it'll all be worth while in the end when we each have our own bundle of joy!! 2008 is our year, I feel it!

Count down to AF for me, expecting her March 10th......
DH 33- 6% morphology
TTC- since 1/07
DS born 1/25/09
SDtrying
Regular

Postby mkdig » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:21 am

Hi. I tested yesterday (15 dpiui) and still bfn. Im expecting af today. Im hoping she doesnt show for you!!!
Me-31 polyps
DH-31 azoospermia
six failed iui's
(really sick of waiting)
mkdig
Regular

Postby SDtrying » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:31 pm

Ugh. Sorry about your BFN, hopefully hangin' out over with the IVF ladies is helpful. I like to visit in there because they seems to be so much success it gives me hope. I'm pretty hopeless about being pregnant. I barely even have any PMS (just eating a lot and moody, no bloating or boob swelling) so I know I'm not. When my PMS is really bad, I get really hopeful that I could be preggo.

I'm still trying to force myself to take the PNV, I've reduced them to talking them only 2 weeks of the month, just the 2 weeks I could be pregnant. I know that I should take 'em all the time, but it just seems like such a cruel joke for me to try to be in perfect health when there are so many crack-using, meth-shooting 18-year-old's out there getting pregnant so easily.

Do you think my RE will want me to do IUI first? My DH had poor morphology on his SA. Doesn't the SA have to be normal to do IUI? What do you think? I can't wait to hear how your appt with the RE goes, I think you are going to have quick success!
DH 33- 6% morphology
TTC- since 1/07
DS born 1/25/09
SDtrying
Regular

Postby mkdig » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:26 am

Its hard to guess what your re will say. I dont think the sa always has to be good for iui. But even if they give you the option of iui and you tell them you'd rather be more aggresive and do ivf Im sure they will let you. Im keeping my fingers crossed for you for thiscycle so it wont even be an issue!!
It is good to start reading the ivf forums to get an idea of what to expect. Im just sooo scared that wont work either, it just feels like the end of the line, you know?
Me-31 polyps
DH-31 azoospermia
six failed iui's
(really sick of waiting)
mkdig
Regular

Postby SDtrying » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:47 pm

Thanks very much. I will definitely tell my RE that we'd like to be aggressive. I sent her an email and she sounded really open to it. AF is due for me Monday, I know she's coming, I always get low back ache 3-4 days before she's shows up.

I'm not even going to bother testing, I haven't lost hope overall, I really think that IVF is gonna work for both of us! What day are you expecting AF? If I get to do IVF too then we can probably be cycle buddies! That would be great, huh? It would be great to have someone who is new at it too.

I know exactly what you mean feeling like its the end of the line, but its not, its really just the beginning. The success rates are pretty good, not perfect, but pretty good. I just had a friend get pregnant after their 6th cycle of IVF. And there are so many successes with IVF on the forum, I have lots of hope!

Remind me, when is your RE appt? How you already discussed IVF with your RE or are you gonna get all the info at your next appt?
DH 33- 6% morphology
TTC- since 1/07
DS born 1/25/09
SDtrying
Regular

Postby mkdig » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:48 pm

Hi Sd ! my re apt. is monday! Im really excited. (whoever thought id want a weekend to go by so fast) She has told us that ivf would be the next step but we havent talked any specifics about the treatment or meds. Im hoping that is what we will discuss on Monday. I did get a packet in the mail from clinic because they are doing an ivf research study on different types of progesterone that you use after ivf and I inquired about it. The packagae is about as thick as war and peace :shock: But if we are accepted into the study it could save us like $6000. The only thing Im really wondering is when we can start! Im hoping to do be doing ivf in April but it looks like to participate in the study you need to jump through a few hoops so that may make it like May. I guess I will find out more Monday (I will let you know how it goes) Oh af showed for me friday, not a shock I knew that b#$%& was on her way!
You still have a few more days! I think youre due for af on the 10th, right? Im glad your re seemed receptive to the treatment you want. I love my re. I always feel bad for the girls who post about rude or impatient re's. Do you like yours?
Of course I hope you dont have to go through ivf but if you do, it will be nice to have someone to chat with who is also new to it. We can be each others cheerleaders!!
PS. I have the if girls nightmare coming up in a few weeks........best friends baby shower :( Have you had any of those since ttc. Man they suck!! (Im not a total witch, Im happy for her, but its still hard)
Me-31 polyps
DH-31 azoospermia
six failed iui's
(really sick of waiting)
mkdig
Regular

Postby SDtrying » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:19 pm

Congrats on getting into the study! Great to save some cash! Not to mention that I'm sure they'll take extra good care of you in the study protocol!

Can't wait to hear from you tomorrow after your appt, I hope they don't have you wait longer than you want.

I love my RE, she responds to email- how fabulous! She's very young, but i have confidence in her.

Regarding the best friend's baby showers.....OMG I've had so many situations that I could go on for hours about. Here's one in brief- my childhood bestfriend (we never wanted kids in the 1st place) accidently gets pregnant WITH TWINS!!!! She just had them on Feb 28th. I love the little boys and my friend is a very sensitive person so she understands how I'm feeling. On one hand, of course I'm happy for her, I care for her deeply, but there is sadness for myself too. :(

It's okay to be happy for her and sad for yourself at the same time, the feelings can co-exist without conflict. When is the shower? I'll be wishing you strength of spirit to deal with the situation and permission to be sad and happy at the same time (sometimes its hard to give yourself permission-- so i'll give it to you :D )

I'm due for AF on either the 10th or 11th (i have an OPK positive on a monday, so she's probably show on Tuesday i guess). I'm really tempted to test, but i'm fighting it off as long as i can....just trying to stay focused on my next RE appt, did you see the posts about good questions for your RE. Its really good, i'm going to print it out.

Post after your appt, okay! I'm dying to hear about it, I know you are gonna get a BFP very soon!!!!! I'll be a great cheerleader!!!!!
DH 33- 6% morphology
TTC- since 1/07
DS born 1/25/09
SDtrying
Regular

Postby mkdig » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:01 pm

Hi sd! I just got back from re's office. It went well. I am still not for sure when we will start. We are waiting for her to call and tell us when my dh can get in with the doc. for biopsy. It doesnt seem too long. I think we will be starting toward the end of april. Im really excited! She thinks are chances are good. Its so much information to process. Im not for sure if we are in the study or not yet but weshould know soon. I hate all the waiting! Hopefully it goes by quick. I had a million questions and she answered them all so thats good. Im starting to feel hopeful again!! :)

I am hoping af stays away for you!!
Me-31 polyps
DH-31 azoospermia
six failed iui's
(really sick of waiting)
mkdig
Regular

Postby SDtrying » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:06 pm

I'm so glad that the appt went well! What kind of biopsy does your DH need to do? Is it for the study? I'm glad that your RE did such a great job with the questions. So what's the next step? Do you have another scheduled appt to discuss the actually start date or will your RE let you know?

Thanks for trying to help me scare AF away! Every little bit helps. Even if she shows up this month perhaps your efforts will keep her away sometime in the near future!!

Is your RE putting you on birth control pills 1st? If so, when will you start them?
DH 33- 6% morphology
TTC- since 1/07
DS born 1/25/09
SDtrying
Regular

Postby mkdig » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:21 pm

Hey! Dh has to do a biopsy because thats how they will get his sperm (he has azoospermia) we had been using donor sperm for iuis. So we are totally excited to be using his of course. I will go on bcp's and an injection called lupron to keep my ovaries from releasing eggs (I think....its a lot to know). I dont know when I will start them yet.She wanted to talk with the urologist to find out when they could get my dh in, apparently hes really busy and that may be the hold up. Also I have to talk to the director of the study before I start the pill and Lupron.And she wants to do another hydrosonogram just to be sure my uterus looks good! Then she said Ill be on Follistim for about 9 days (maybe more I guess they see how it goes). She is going to call me in a few days and let me know. She said I'd start Lupron about day 21 (Im on day four now). So if we can get the other apts. done before day 21 I guess we'll start this cycle. (She seemed more like she thought it would be day 21 next month, but we'll see).
Im super excited. (and a little scared, I cant help but think about how if this doesnt work I have NO IDEA how we would ever be able to come up with the money to do this again....but trying not to think like that for now!!)
Are you going to test tomm. if af doesnt show???
Cant wait to hear what happens!
Me-31 polyps
DH-31 azoospermia
six failed iui's
(really sick of waiting)
mkdig
Regular

Postby SDtrying » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:33 am

I hope your DH biopsy goes smoothly, that's really awesome that you might not need to use a donor. Obviously, I think donor would be just fine too, I mean really after the baby is born it doesn't really matter!! But, I'm sure it means a lot to you both to be able to use his.

I hope for your sake that you can start this month, the waiting is just so frustrating! I hope everything goes ok with the study to ease your financial concerns. We have no idea how we're going to pay for it-- our current plan is to go into massive debt. We're pros at this plan (you should see our student loans!), but really, I don't see another option. We're hoping that we breed professional athletes so they can have their college paid for :D

Thanks for having hope for me...but I feel AF circling my doorstep, she usually comes in the AM. I'll let you know if she does. If she doesn't show by Wednesday AM, I'll break down and go buy some more tests. (i've been through so many boxes that I cut myself off 3 months ago and haven't tested since)

It sounds like you understand the protocol very well, its so complicated! I'm in the medical world, but this stuff is really foreign to me! If my RE gives me the go-ahead on the 21st, hopefully we can help each other understand the process.
DH 33- 6% morphology
TTC- since 1/07
DS born 1/25/09
SDtrying
Regular

Postby SDtrying » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:26 pm

AF arrived this AM as usual....ugh the idea of clomid again this month is making me want to toss the cookies!

On up on the upside, I survived another month without going completely insane! I know I'm closer to getting pregnant, I really feel optimistic that my RE we'll let me start IVF. I'll have to get through at least one more month of clomid, but should be able to go on OCPs in April and hopefully injectibles in May.

I read somewhere that you start OCPs on CD 21 (for 2-3 weeks) which will be April 28th for me and then injectibles (for 10-12 days) which will be mid-May.

I would be even happier if she let me skip this last month of clomid....but i think that's probably not wise. I'll keep you posted.

I'd be so excited to join in to one of the IVF cycle buddies forums...I've still be lurking around....

10 Days until my RE appt!!!!!!!!!!! :D
DH 33- 6% morphology
TTC- since 1/07
DS born 1/25/09
SDtrying
Regular

Postby mkdig » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:01 am

Sorry about af! I HATE her!! I know you werent really suprised, but it still sucks! I am glad you are staying so positive! We are going to be ivf cycle buddies I bet. (maybe our due dates will be close). Ill be excited to hear how your re apt. goes.
Me-31 polyps
DH-31 azoospermia
six failed iui's
(really sick of waiting)
mkdig
Regular

Next

Return to Insemination