IVF-Infertility.com home

Can We Have Sex?

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in insemination using partners sperm, or donor insemination.

Can We Have Sex?

Postby Kara29 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:20 am

:?: :?: When doing Follisitm injections for IUI(on day 8 no where near ready to be inseminated) my eggs are not ready..............are we allowed to have sex before artificial insemination. I am taking 75 IU's for the weekend, so today and tomorrow and then on Monday, I go in for ultrasound and bloodwork, just wondering if we could have intercourse tonight.

Kara
:?: :?:
"Just when the catepiller thought it would die, it trurned into a beautiful butterfly."
Kara29

Postby NickiMark » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:09 pm

Ive been told that it really doesnt matter if u have sex or not, during iui but we have never had sex during the day before insemination of the the whole 2ww....Mainly as I am not in the mood and my head tells me what if it riuns it, but hey we have had 3 iui's and got 3 fails, so next time parhaps we will have sex.

Just do what feels best for u and dh xx
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Postby DeniseM » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:25 pm

Just try to leave about 3 days so your DH's sperm can be at full count for your IUI.
IUI twins ~ July 2006
IUI singleton ~ due Jan 15 2009
DeniseM
Valued Contributor

NO SEX THE DAY BEFORE IUI

Postby iuiman » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:35 am

Our doctor strictly forbade sex the day before IUI as it can cause infection or change the timing factors. I would heed his advice as my wife got pregnant from abstience the day before with IUI.
iuiman

Return to Insemination