IVF-Infertility.com home

Nuchal test Results

Announcement of pregnancy and birth following assisted reproductive treatment.

Postby riogirl71 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:34 pm

I can relate to everything you are saying. I am not sure if you are religious or not but I prayed a lot that our miracle would be healthy. Don't feel disconnected from your baby. If you have to do an amnio, find someone with tons of experience and the odds of miscarriage get much lower. Don't read into what your doctor says or does, most check ups are very uneventful with no u/s or anything else. We are used to always wanting u/s!!! THere is a fantastic website from www.babycenter.com I think it is under communities. They had a ton of posts from results I think it was called, poor diagnostics or something like that, if you have trouble finding it let me know. I found comfort in the high number of false positives. Also there was a girl here not too long ago with very bad odds, did an amnio and her baby is healthy. Remember that 1 in 24 is still less than 5% chance so there is a 95% chance your baby is fine. Please look for those posts, if you need help let me know. Praying for your healthy baby!
Image
me 39 + DH 46 low mot - chemo
#3 IVF Lost one twin at 8 wks
Image
#2 IVF May 2010 Ectopic
#1 IVF
Image
riogirl71
Valued Contributor
 
Posts: 2518
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:10 am
Location: CA, USA

Postby loopie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:28 pm

Hi Hope- i am sure everything is just perfect with your little wonder - the tests just freak us out-
I had the nuchal/screening test done, and while the downs risk went down, the trisomy risk went significantly up. I really thought about what to do- scheduled the amnio, and asked a lot of questions- I realised that I worked to hard to be pregnant, and while it would be heartbreaking to lose a child- as trisomy is fatal - it would have been so much worse to risk amnio and a mc when my little one was ok - all that being said- i never got the amnio and now have a wonderful healthy little guy -

remember- even a 4% chance is in actuality a 96% chance he or she is perfect!!- and that's still an A+

best of luck with your decision and a safe and happy pregnancy to you!

hugs

loopie
Me 41 Dh 41
1st IVF BFP!!! Jan 2008

Image
loopie
Regular
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:21 pm
Location: Baltimore, Maryland

Postby hope33 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:33 am

Hi Guys! Here is the update! I had the ultrasound that looks for 15 markers for down syndrome done on Monday and baby had no signs of downs. everything on the u/s looked totally normal and the tech said that the baby was doing things that was advanced for its gestational age. So on tuesday i was calling the office all day to get my blood work results from my 2nd trimester blood screening test for downs and the office never got back to me. I called first thing Wednesday morning to get the results before i was to go for my amnio and the nurse finally called me back to tell me that my blood work results came back well above normal 1/535! She told me since the u/s and the bloodwork came back normal that i didn't have to get the amnio done if i didn't want to. i called DH to tell him this great news and we decided that the odds are in our favor and that don't want to take any unnecessary risks since we went through so much to get pregnant in the first place. I am so thrilled and so excited! we can finally tell our friends that we are pregnant and for the first time in this preganncy i am actually soooo happy! BTW we found out that the baby is a boy! we are thrilled! Thanks for all your support and for all your good wishes!
Me 34
DH 39- Male Factor
DC 3 1/2
TCC #2

IVF #1 4/04 BFP Twins lost one at 11weeks, delveried DS Jan 05 c-section
FET Cycle 6/08 = BFN
FET Cycle 11/08 = 2 embryos 3 day transfer BFP! beta #1 9 days- 36.4 beta#2 95.6
hope33
Regular
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: NY

Postby kerpupples » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:15 pm

Hope, that's absolutely fabulous news! Sorry you had so much undue stress but glad that your little guy looks healthy now. I don't blame you for not doing the amnio, who wants that added risk? Congratulations!
Amy
Me: 39 DH: 41 Male Factor
3yo DD from FET
IVF PGD clinical trial, FET Jan 2012 Beta 1/14 447, Beta 1/16 1161 U/S 1/30 it's twins!
Graham and Audrey born 9/5/12. 37w4d, no NICU time!
kerpupples
Regular
 
Posts: 752
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:08 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Postby riogirl71 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:32 pm

Congratulations! Enjoy your pregnancy!
me 39 + DH 46 low mot - chemo
#3 IVF Lost one twin at 8 wks
Image
#2 IVF May 2010 Ectopic
#1 IVF
Image
riogirl71
Valued Contributor
 
Posts: 2518
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:10 am
Location: CA, USA

Previous

Return to Pregnant after treatment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 2 guests