IVF-Infertility.com home

February 2010 Mommies

Announcement of pregnancy and birth following assisted reproductive treatment.

Postby MedStudentMom2B » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:35 am

sammycat wrote:Hi Medstudentmom2b,

My OB office initially scheduled my first ultrasound today (6 weeks, 1 day). However, my RE said they don't like to schedule the initial ultrasound until 6 weeks, 4 days...by then you should see a heartbeat. So I rescheduled my ultrasound for a week later. I'm sure the earlier one would have been fine...but what if it was just a few days too early and they didn't see a heartbeat, then I would be so worried until another one was rescheduled. I've had so much worry throughout all of this and I didn't want to set myself up for more. With that said, I still worry every day.


Hey sammycat,

Thanks for that. I may actually go ahead and reschedule. The thing is, I prob wont get an appointment until two weeks from next thursday because they are all filled up and I also have an exam in two weeks so I cant really go in right before. Hmmm. I wish I knew if 6wks 1 day was sufficient. Oh well. Thanks for your advice!
Me: 28 DH: 37
IVF/ICSI#1: BFP!! 10dp5dt:168 15dp5dt:1134
B/G TWINS!
[img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/UIpwm4.png[/img]
MedStudentMom2B
Regular
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:42 am

Sponsor
 

Postby usmcwife14 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:44 am

Hi ladies~ I went in for my first u/s and they saw one perfect little sac, with the yolk sac and even the tiny little fetus. I am so happy they even saw a second sac but couldn't see anything inside of if yet, he said it could be the angle of it because its still very early. So its maybe twins for me.

MSM2BE~ It was way to early for me to see the heartbeat but it was still nice to just see them developing already you'll be able to at least see the sac and everything. I go back in two weeks to see if its twins or not for sure :D
Me(25)DH(25)
Male Factor
1st Ivf~ 1st beta 10dp5dt: 586 BFP!!!!
2nd beta 16dp5dt: 3527
TWINS!!!!
Boy/Girl Twins January 2010
Surprise baby girl December 2010!!!!!
usmcwife14
Member
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:21 am

Postby sammycat » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:49 pm

Congrats usmcwife14! That is very exciting!

medstudentmom2b, if you keep your ultrasound as scheduled and it was too early for them to see the heartbeat, would you be able to go back again in a week?
Image
sammycat
Member
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: Appleton, WI

Postby MedStudentMom2B » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:39 pm

sammycat wrote:Congrats usmcwife14! That is very exciting!

medstudentmom2b, if you keep your ultrasound as scheduled and it was too early for them to see the heartbeat, would you be able to go back again in a week?


yeah i probably would be able to go back if they have an appointment available. I'll see maybe I can just reschedule.

Thanks!!
Me: 28 DH: 37
IVF/ICSI#1: BFP!! 10dp5dt:168 15dp5dt:1134
B/G TWINS!
[img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/UIpwm4.png[/img]
MedStudentMom2B
Regular
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:42 am

Postby sammycat » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:35 pm

It's just so hard to wait...isn't it?
Image
sammycat
Member
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: Appleton, WI

Postby sammycat » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:38 pm

We've been trying for 10 years, and I've had 9 early miscarriages, so this waiting is tough!
Image
sammycat
Member
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: Appleton, WI

Postby MedStudentMom2B » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:58 pm

sammycat wrote:We've been trying for 10 years, and I've had 9 early miscarriages, so this waiting is tough!


Oh my gosh, I can't even imagine! I dont think I am that strong. How early were your other m/c? Did the docs tell you and your DH what was wrong?

I hope that this time will work out for you! :)
Me: 28 DH: 37
IVF/ICSI#1: BFP!! 10dp5dt:168 15dp5dt:1134
B/G TWINS!
[img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/UIpwm4.png[/img]
MedStudentMom2B
Regular
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:42 am

Postby sammycat » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:20 pm

All the miscarriages were very early. The longest pregnancy lasted 8 weeks. Hopefully, this one will stick. Went through all the testing, but no identifiable cause.
Image
sammycat
Member
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: Appleton, WI

Postby MedStudentMom2B » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:09 pm

sammycat wrote:All the miscarriages were very early. The longest pregnancy lasted 8 weeks. Hopefully, this one will stick. Went through all the testing, but no identifiable cause.


Oh I'm sorry about that. You are a very strong lady. I wish you all the best.
Me: 28 DH: 37
IVF/ICSI#1: BFP!! 10dp5dt:168 15dp5dt:1134
B/G TWINS!
[img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/UIpwm4.png[/img]
MedStudentMom2B
Regular
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:42 am

Postby Rosario » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:05 pm

Well guys I will probably join in the next few wks. I got my BFP last week at 8dpt5dt with a beta of 171. After a scare, u/s at 4wks and 5days showed us 3 gestational sacs measuring 3mm each. If i calculate right due date will be Feb 13. We will see what happens. For now i will take it one step at a time.
IVF #1: Oct '08- BFN
IVF #2: Feb '09- BFP (Chem)
IVF #3: May '09- BFP
(Triplets lost at 21.5 weeks- Preterm Labor)
BFP: Natural Pregnancy March '10
Little Frank Manuel arrived 11.20.10
June '11 natural BFP sadly ending in miscarriage :(
Rosario
Regular
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 4:04 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Postby MedStudentMom2B » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:14 am

Rosario wrote:Well guys I will probably join in the next few wks. I got my BFP last week at 8dpt5dt with a beta of 171. After a scare, u/s at 4wks and 5days showed us 3 gestational sacs measuring 3mm each. If i calculate right due date will be Feb 13. We will see what happens. For now i will take it one step at a time.


Welcome Rosario!!! Very cool about the triplets! You must be super excited!
Me: 28 DH: 37
IVF/ICSI#1: BFP!! 10dp5dt:168 15dp5dt:1134
B/G TWINS!
[img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/UIpwm4.png[/img]
MedStudentMom2B
Regular
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:42 am

Postby MedStudentMom2B » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:17 am

Rosario wrote:Well guys I will probably join in the next few wks. I got my BFP last week at 8dpt5dt with a beta of 171. After a scare, u/s at 4wks and 5days showed us 3 gestational sacs measuring 3mm each. If i calculate right due date will be Feb 13. We will see what happens. For now i will take it one step at a time.



hmmmm, your first beta was not too far from mine. What was your second beta? I was under the impression that there was pretty much no way I will be having twins since my numbers arent that high. Seeing your beta is making me think again. 8) Argh, I cant wait till the U/S!
Me: 28 DH: 37
IVF/ICSI#1: BFP!! 10dp5dt:168 15dp5dt:1134
B/G TWINS!
[img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/UIpwm4.png[/img]
MedStudentMom2B
Regular
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:42 am

Postby Love Bug » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:12 pm

MSM2B: I would say anything goes with betas! They are all over the place! So if you want twins, maybe you will get your wish! :)

Rosario: Welcome!!! Three- congtrats!! My beta was the same as yours 170 at 8dp5dt. I may be having twins...they think they saw two sacs.

Sammycat: I hope you make it all the way this time!! You have been through enough heart break! I'm cheering for you!

So ladies, I hope everything is going well!! I will have an u/s every friday until I am released to my regular OB. My Lovenox and PIO shots are getting really old really fast! Plus I have to go in this weel for my Intralipid blood infusion, but as long as the babies stay healthy I am A-O-k!

The only bad thing is that I really miss being intimate with the hubby. I feel like we are missing something in our relationship....I cant even cuddle because the OHSS forces me sleep almost sitting up. :(
Me: 30 DH: 34
IVF- #1 - 3 BFN
IVF #4- May 09 BFP 4dp/5dt :)
Beta #1 8dp5dt- 170!!
Beta #2 10dp5dt- 300!!
Beta #3 14dp5dt- 1305 :)
Image
Love Bug
Regular
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:45 pm
Location: Upstate-New York

Postby Rosario » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:50 pm

MedStudentMom2B My second beta was 10dp5dt and it was 269 then at 12dp5dt it was 679. I thought there was only one!!!!

Love Bug I was just thinking about one in there. When I saw the screen and saw those 3 little sacs I said "who would have thought"... I am not happy just yet a lot can happen in the next 2 wks when I have my official u/s. Hope that second sac is more visible next time =]
IVF #1: Oct '08- BFN
IVF #2: Feb '09- BFP (Chem)
IVF #3: May '09- BFP
(Triplets lost at 21.5 weeks- Preterm Labor)
BFP: Natural Pregnancy March '10
Little Frank Manuel arrived 11.20.10
June '11 natural BFP sadly ending in miscarriage :(
Rosario
Regular
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 4:04 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Postby MedStudentMom2B » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:53 am

Love Bug wrote:MSM2B: I would say anything goes with betas! They are all over the place! So if you want twins, maybe you will get your wish! :)

Rosario: Welcome!!! Three- congtrats!! My beta was the same as yours 170 at 8dp5dt. I may be having twins...they think they saw two sacs.

Sammycat: I hope you make it all the way this time!! You have been through enough heart break! I'm cheering for you!

So ladies, I hope everything is going well!! I will have an u/s every friday until I am released to my regular OB. My Lovenox and PIO shots are getting really old really fast! Plus I have to go in this weel for my Intralipid blood infusion, but as long as the babies stay healthy I am A-O-k!

The only bad thing is that I really miss being intimate with the hubby. I feel like we are missing something in our relationship....I cant even cuddle because the OHSS forces me sleep almost sitting up. :(



Oh I totally understand what you mean about being intimate with DH. I know that people do end up doing things while pregnant but I feel like both of us would be so scared of harming the baby. Argh, we'll see what happens.

What exactly is the intralipid blood infusion that you need to receive?
Me: 28 DH: 37
IVF/ICSI#1: BFP!! 10dp5dt:168 15dp5dt:1134
B/G TWINS!
[img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/UIpwm4.png[/img]
MedStudentMom2B
Regular
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:42 am

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnant after treatment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest