- yay for a good check 24-week check up, that's a nice milestone to hit! your u/s pics are adorable, they are so cute!! DH and i have have been talking about baby names since forever ago (i guess IVF gives you plenty of time to prep
). we had friends over on fri eve, and everyone (but me) drank a bit too much and started brainstorming baby names, what a sight. i am french (born & raised) and everyone was trying to find french names that people in our small North Carolina town could pronunce, that's definitely a challenge
we had a lot of fun with it, I think we have narrowed it down to 3-4 for boys and have the girls names picked out already.
- congrats on your last flight! that's great news! it sounds like that trip to milan was exhausting... but now you are home and have plenty of time to get ready for the arrival of your little girl.... i have 2 more trips scheduled for work before i stop travelling too - one in amsterdam in early nov, and one to las vegas for thanksgiving (to go see DH's 92-yr old grandfather). i am so dreading the amsterdam trip, last week i flew to baltimore, it was only a 1 hour flight, and i was only 17 weeks pregnant, but oh my did my legs swell up. i can't imagine a transatlantic flight. btw, i saw you posted on the winter cycler baby board about marriott beds... i am a huge marriott bed addict, and so is my husband
we ended up buying a marriott bed (the entire kit - mattress, boxspring, comforter, pillows & linens) from shopmarriott.com. this is probably the best purchase we ever made, i don't know how they build these things but they are just heavenly. you should check it out. hope your shower goes well this weekend.
- wow isn't 25 weeks early to start packing a bag for the hospital? what all do you even need in it? i am behind you all but barely have a baby bump, my belly is not much at all, what about you??
- congrats for passing the halfway mark!
- have you found out the gender yet? i know how much you & DD were looking forward to that. so sorry about your family member, this is just awful.
afm - we had our anatomy scan yesterday. it was amazing! i knew what to expect but it's still took my breath away to see those little tiny babies with all their body parts already in place, they look like babies already, what a change that was from the 11 week scan! they were moving like crazy, both are very active. they are on top of each other, and managed to move from toe-to-toe to head-to-head within the 45 minutes we were in the ultrasound room. everything checked out fine, they have all their fingers & toes, all the right parts in their heart, and all was good. they are approx 8 oz each. DH and i walked in the apt determined not to find out genders, but DH just had to know once he saw those little babies on the screen. i still want the surprise so he found out and promised to keep it a secret from me. we'll see how long he can keep that secret
so from now on i have to go back to the OB every 2 weeks, i guess they want to monitor me frequently b/c it's twins - i hope that means i'll get more u/s that way! we also booked a 3-d scan for later in the winter when we are closer to 30 weeks. my friends are starting to plan my shower, we'll probably do it during the early part of Jan b/c Nov/ Dec are just too busy for everyone. all is good otherwise, hope you all continue to have a happy health pregnancy!