happy near year everyone!
- what a scare! so glad the bleeding stopped and your bp is back to normal! those babies still have a little bit longer to snuggle w/ you before they are ready! take it SUPER easy!! self-imposed bed rest sounds like a good plan for the weeks to come... your pictures of that show look amazing, you look beautiful on these shots!
- i can't believe what a b$#(#ch your brother's wife is... first of all it's none of her business to share with others that you went thru ivf. IVF a treatment for a very private medical condition, it is so inappropriate for HER to decide to tell people!! she should feel privileged that you trusted her enough to share that with her on the first place. WTF!! we have been open about having to go thru IVF, but it's our decision to tell people, i would be so P-O if someone else took it upon themselves to spread it, especially when being so negative about it. instant family, seriously? for some of us it takes 10-15 years to start a family when dealing with infertility, there is nothing instant
about it!! but on top of that, she is acting so selfish and childish about bringing her kids into it and making them feel like they won't matter to their grandparents. come on! i think you were completely in your right to set your brother straight, and if he can't see it now, he'll get it later. this is the happiest of times for you and she is making it uncomfortable and stressful, it's just plain wrong. some people are just so small minded... wow i can already picture her deadline w/ her daughter in laws in 20 years, that won't be pretty
but glad you checked out fine on your medical exams despite the elevated BP etc. did you have the growth u/s yet? how are the babies looking?
- OMG, you are carrying 13 lbs of baby around!! that's a lot of baby
i bet they are squished!! i still can't believe you are full term... for some reason i feel like time is flying for you but standing still for me, how does that work
sorry your little boy is head-up, you would not think they can still turn being so tight in there... i think i'd let the OB recommend VBAC or c-section. i know that some OBs will choose c-section b/c it's easier on them and they can stay in control, but i also trust that most doctors will recommend what's best based on their experience. they do deliver so many babies they must have a good instinct about what's best for you and for your babies. i imagine that recovering from a vaginal birth of 2 babies is not a walk in the park either.
- sorry to hear you are swelling up... how early will they let you schedule a c-section? i tried to find out during my OB apt yesterday and we had jokster OB this time, and he kept telling me not to worry, that we'd have plenty of time. i could not get a straight answer from him. argh!! is your little girl getting excited about her baby brother?
- yay for baby girl growing!! your in-laws may be right that you won't make it til feb, 74 percentile is a huge jump from your last apt!!
afm - well the house is still a mess and we are meeting the remodelling company on fri to look at options/ timelines to get everything back in order (it's mostly cosmetic work really, so it's not super inconvinient that it's not done yet). at least our walls and ceilings are dry. the only part i am dreading is the work they have to do on our ceiling, which will make a lot of dust, no doubt about it. oh the joys of home ownership
we are having a busy baby week ahead otherwise.. i had an OB apt yesterday (all went fine, very uneventful which is great!), our first expecting parent class last night (we got to watch the vaginal birth video... DH kept telling me "are you sure you'd prefer this to a c-section" and i kept telling him "well let's wait til we see the c-section video nxt week before we make a call"
in our last u/s both babies were transverse, but from what purple is saying, they have plenty of time to move so who knows what options i'll have. OMG a good third of the expectant moms in the class were teenage girls w/ their moms as their coach. it must be so scary to think about childbirth at that age... anyway... we have our 3-d u/s on thu (can't wait to see our little ones' faces for the first time!!) and our baby shower on sat. pretty exciting week!! i am feeling pretty good, except for the sleeping part... i can't stop myself from turning onto my back at night, which in turns wakes me up b/c i can't breathe really well and my back kills me in that position. i can do it 10 times a night, i feel like homer simpson
last night i tried to build a fortress of pillows to hold my body on the side and that worked until 3 am, by when my big ol' bump had pushed all the pillows out of the way and i was back on my back. it would be almost funny if i did not feel that exhausted during the day... but i guess it's good practice for the sleep depravation that's ahead, and if all i can complaint about is back-aches i am in pretty good shape
take care everyone!