I need some advice!

Announcement of pregnancy and birth following assisted reproductive treatment.
Post Reply
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:56 am
Location: surrey

I need some advice!

Post by emma0908 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:11 pm

Hi<br>I'm in a dilemma and wondered if any of you know anyone or have had to make a decision like I have too!<br><br>As you all know I'm expecting twins and have 2 other children. <br>I was fortunate to conceive on my first ivf tmt. I still have 6 grade a embroyo's in storage and have to pay a further £175 to keep them there for a further year beginning October. I have no problem with that and will, but this is my dilemma;-<br>With all the hope in the world I will have two healthy babies come christmas and dh and I have decided that our family would be complete! What we truly want to do is donate our embroyo's and understand that we have to go through a screening process which we are happy to do even though we dont know what is involved! Should anything go wrong we would prefer to do a ivf from beginning but it this the wrong outlook to have??????? <br>Has anyone been through this procedure what does it involve, am I wrong in not wanting to use all the embroyos, I am so confused as I see them as our little ones and want them all but realistically know this isn't possible.<br>The embroyo's are at Kings and I don't know what to do? Can anyone help??<br><br>Emma<br>x<br>

Helen G
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:01 pm
Location: UK

I need some advice!

Post by Helen G » Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:07 pm

Hi Emma<br><br>I'm afraid I can't offer any advice on this at all but I just wanted to say how fantastic I think it is that you are considering donating your embryos! In the 2 IVF cycles we had, we never had any good enough for freezing. I often wonder what we would have done if there had been frosties .....<br><br>Good luck with your decision. You have to do what's right for you and dh, don't worry about other people!<br><br>LOL Helen xx

Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:41 pm

I need some advice!

Post by RLV » Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:17 pm

Hi Emma<br><br>Am nearly due with twins and have one boy already, we have also more or less decided our family will be complete when they arrive like you......<br><br>We had 2 frozen embryos and let them go to research around June time when our hospital wrote to us. We didn't get the option to donate them. Our frosties were from our 1st cycle and weren't used for our 2nd as they said with there only being 2 of them, we had a better chance if we started from scratch, so if (IF) we did do treatment again, we'd start from scratch again anyway, so decided there was no point in keeping them. It is a bit sad though to think of letting your 'potential children' go.<br><br>Good luck anyway,<br>Luv Rachel X

Board Veteran
Posts: 4301
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:11 pm

I need some advice!

Post by ogr1 » Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:20 am

i wanted to say that my dh and have talked about getting someones embroys. thought that may be that would be cheaper. we dont have much money and if we could ever come up with the money for the meds and the surgery that i would have to have before we did the ivf. there wouldnt be any money left.. so that could be something that we could do.. you could be making some one elses dreams come true..
we werent blessed with our babies to raise here but we our blessed with our grandaughter
and all of our many adopted and foster children that touch our lives
and i am glad to add that our 6th grandchild will be born this spring!!!!

Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2002 5:26 pm
Location: Aberdeen. UK

I need some advice!

Post by NickyJ » Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:56 am

Emma,<br><br>We are right in the middle of this process. I wantd to wait till the kids were at least a year old before we decided. I was keener than dh to start but we have really discussed it at length now and are confident we are makiung the right decision. Our forms will be posted this week so will let you know how it progresses. For us it was the right decision but after counselling who knows. It really is a tough call.<br><br>Good luck with your decision<br><br>Nicky

Post Reply