Hi ladies & gent! I have a few minutes, so I thought I'd check in.
- So sorry that you have to cut back on your schedule? Does that mean modified bed rest also? What a bummer about your GD test; hopefully, you do better on Thursday. DH & I are considering cord blood banking. We've done some research & came across a company called Maze. The website is http://www.mazecordblood.com/index-1a.php
. Also, here's a chart that compares Maze to other leading cord blood labs: http://www.mazecordblood.com/cordblood-expecting-c.html
. I guess the way they say they have lower costs is b/c they do minimal marketing & advertising.
- I always forget how far along you are since you don't have a ticker. How are you feeling?
- Hey there friend! This year is YOUR year!
- How is it going? How was today's u/s? How does maternity leave work for you? Are you able to take the typical 12 weeks FMLA? That's what we have here at my school districts...a total of 12 weeks FMLA of which either 6 weeks (vaginal delivery) or 8 weeks (C-section) is paid for if you have the sick days. You can get up to the 12 weeks paid as long as you have a doctor's note & the sick days. I only have exactly 8 weeks worth of sick days, so I will be paid for either 6 weeks or 8 weeks, depending on how I deliver, but I plan on using the FMLA, so I don't have to go back to school & can just roll right into summer vacation & not go back until September!
- What a fantastic birth story! You & your family look beautiful!
- Wow, I just looked at your ticker! You're so close to the 2nd trimester! Where is the time going?
- As a mother-to-be of twins (by the way, I love saying & typing that, lol!), I'm only getting 1 diaper bag. DH actually got a Oakland Raiders (he's die-hard fan originally from CA) diaper bag for Christmas from our SIL. It's awesome....black & very manly! This is one I'm looking into & will probably put on my registry: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... =586733722
. It actually matches w/ the Baby Trend Sit 'n Stand Double Stroller (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=3480233
). We are getting that stroller & the Baby Trend Double Snap N Go Stroller (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=2958408
- Congrats times 3! My SIL has triplet boys. They are 8 years old & so much fun! Definitely take it easy, but I'm sure you'll be fine. I told my principal & a few close teacher friends between weeks 8 & 10. I told the rest of the staff as soon as I started my 2nd trimester. Many people said they had a feeling b/c "I looked different" & was leaving school early & coming in late.
- Wow, what a crazy birth story! I would've been scared in the car, too! You almost delivered in it! Your little man is adorable!
- Hope you're all doing great! I read daily & love seeing everyone's updates!
- We had an appointment on Friday & everything looks great! They're still a boy & a girl, lol! The boy is measuring 1lb 3oz & the girl is measuring 1lb. I go back on February 7th...I will be almost 27 weeks...yikes! We are doing a maternity photo shoot this Saturday & another one in March...looking forward to those! Have an awesome week!