- Grady is adorable!! Congrats!
- I cannot believe we are both having boys!!! We are true cycle buddies. How are you feeling?
- How is the swelling? I started having swelling in my hands and feet last week. I was traveling and had been on my feet and walking very long distances. By the end of the day my sneakers were so tight on my feet!!
- How are you feeling? I am so sorry that your midwife was so horrible! If it is any consolation, my OB said that once you pass week 14 your chances of miscarriage decrease significantly (I do not recall the exact percentage he gave me). You are right not to want to see her again, you do not need that. There is enough to worry about. Anyways, try to stay positive. First trimester is behind you and you are sailing right through the second. Isn't it awesome to feel the baby move!!! When I first felt it I was not sure if it was baby or gas. But now he moves so much, I know it is him. He actually gave me a few little kicks today and DH was able to feel. DH said he was just getting ready for the SuperBowl.
- You look awesome!!! The pics are adorable. I think I will wait until 30 weeks to take mine. DH will be away for work then, but my bump still looks a little like fat so I would be afraid to take them earlier. I cannot believe that you are 26 weeks already. You will meet your little ones in no time!! Are you nervous? DH and I have moments of anxiety and we are having just one, I think we would be a nervous wreck if we were having two! Sounds like you are doing a good job preparing. We decided on the name Samuel - will explain when I answer the QOTW. How are you feeling? No more strange spells I hope. Have the checked you for anemia? I was having a little dizziness and found out that I was a little anemic.
- You are in my prayers for smooth sailing on Monday. Enjoy your ultrasound, I just love getting a peak of my little one. I am sure your will be fine. How far along are you? I bought a doppler and had trouble finding the heartbeat until I was about 13 weeks or so (I think). But Jen was able to use hers easily much earlier so you may want to consider getting one for peace of mind.
- Welcome aboard!! I am so happy to see you hear, you truly deserve an easy pregnancy. I cannot remember if I mentioned that I also had a subchorionic hematoma. I stopped bleeding right around the beginning of my second trimester. Sometimes it was bright red, other times it was brown. The best advice someone gave me was not to look when I wiped, and as hard as it was I stopped looking and it made me a lot calmer. Try to hang in there. How are you feeling? Is the nausea any better?
- How are you feeling? I hope these last 2 month are uneventful and pass quickly.
- Glad that you were able to see the heartbeat. It is so amazing how emotional these ultrasound appointments can get.
- I am feeling pretty good. I went home to the US Virgin Islands for a week with DH to share the news with those who we did not call as yet. I also got to spend some time with my niece who I had not seen for almost 2 years. She is 4 years old and is the most adorable child I know. DH and I do not have much family here in Virginia and my family wants me to come to the Virgin Islands for part of my maternity leave. DH and I have been going back and forth on how much time I should take off. In the end we decided that I would take a year off. I am so excited to be able to spend that much time home. However, I still need to tackle the subject at work with my boss. I am not too sure she will hold my position, but we will see. Worst case scenario would be I would go on terminal leave when I start maternity leave. But at least this will give me time to travel home and spend time with my parents.
Our gender ultrasound was so emotional. DH was just so cute and overwhelmed when we saw Samuel waving at us and moving around. And then when my OB announced it was a boy - let's just say it was a priceless moment. DH was grinning from ear to ear and all I could say was I told you so (since I had already felt it was a boy).
QOTW - We decided on the name Samuel. It is a family name and we had long stated that we would name our first son after my husbands father and grandfather who are both named Samuel. Because we have family all over the place we really just called one or two people and let them spread the good news. The only person who I made a big deal about telling was my mother. She and my dad were cute when I told them over the phone. My dad's first response was "I need to get a baby seat for my bicycle" (he is an avid cycler). It was too funny.
Anyways, I FINALLY decided to post a bump picture! I am also sharing Sam's ultrasound pics.