Hi Ladies, I hope that you are all doing well and hanging in there!
First a super huge congrats to my cycle buddy Tuffy!!!
I remember when we both had our failed cycles the first time around on this board ... Such a blessing to see you with your sons in your arms. I am truly excited for you. Please post pics whenever you have time - which I know may not be for some time. Take care and enjoy my friend.
- I hope that you are feeling better. I will keep stalking for your test results. Glad to hear that your appointment went well. I will say a prayer for you and your DH because I know the wait until 20 weeks has to be a difficult one.
- Thanks for your comments about my taking time off. I agree that we have the rest of our lives to focus on our careers. I would hate to miss this precious time with my son. Did you have anymore luck with the doppler? I really did not have much luck with it until I was like 14 weeks or so. I got so mad and frustrated. Even after I found the heartbeat at 14 weeks I would have several days where I could not find it. I want to say that I did not consistently find it until around 16 or 17 weeks. I think for me it was how he was laying. So try not to get to anxious or frustrated. I would just put it down and try again a week later, those things are so hit or miss. Wishing you luck with your u/s today.
- I think you are going to beet me to the finish line! This little dude shows no interest in coming out any time soon. Any idea how much your little ones weigh? Congrats on starting leave today!
- 12lbs 6oz!!! That poor woman. I cannot believe they let her go that long as well. I am feeling OK, not sleeping well and very achy. I am just taking it easy this week. I started to have a lot of swelling, which I had not been having before so I really try to just lounge around and be as lazy as possible. Technically, date wise I am up next, but I think Bodie with her twins may go before me. But you never know! You also seem to be coming along nicely. I have to agree that it is probably a good idea to cut back now ... how are you guys coming with getting your home ready for the little ones?
- I would hope that I would start dilating, but it is not looking that way. No cervical changes at all at this week's appointment! I hope that you find a comfortable solution to help you sleep. I finally ended up sleeping upright either in the recliner or propped up in the bed. It is not THAT comfortable, but my back feels better when I am upright so it is better in that regard. Catriona is a different name ... where does it come from? It has a nice ring to it.
- How are you feeling? I hope everything is going well with you.
- 38 weeks with no change in cervix. At first I was a little bummed, but realized there was no need to rush it, he will get here when he is ready. I went out of town to 2 graduations about 3 hours away last weekend, and I really think I over did it. I was soo swollen when I got back so I have been lounging around the house this week trying to get the swelling under control. My blood pressure has been great so my OB was not too worried about the swelling. DH is currently trying to make his way home, so maybe within the next few days he will be here. He was not due for another week, but felt he was missing too much and is pushing to get here sooner. On another note, my sleep cycle is all messed up. I get no sleep at night and cat naps during the day. I guess my body is gearing up for having a newborn and lack of sleep. I am also trying to figure out what contractions feel like. My OB does not think I am having real contractions, more Braxton Hicks, but that is part of what keeps me up at night. As soon as I lay down my stomach gets hard as a rock and I have TONS of pelvic pressure and cramping. I have to sit up and rock or get into a position that takes pressure off of my pelvis. It makes for a miserable night. In any case case it will not be too much longer.