well, I survived the two day long holiday at my ILs. Phew! Happy New Year!
<whisper> you use your doppler... ahem... up there? Is that allowed? <normal voice> I can't do that even if I wanted to -- mine is a 'all in one' device -- no seperate transducer and I ain't shoving that whole thing in there!
- most people have very few ultrasounds. People tell me all the time that they are jealous of how often I get scans, but I keep trying to explain that it's not a good thing! Yes, I get to see my baby all the time, but I also have to live with the anxiety and had to go through losing my babies (more than once...). Whenever I hear women saying they are hoping to get a 'single' room in the maternity ward in the hospital, I always have to stop myself from screaming at them that I've had the "private" room twice, and I promise you NEVER want to be the woman that has to be kept away from the other women having healthy babies.... (okay - vent over). It's hard between scans, but I'm sure baby is fine. Remember that after 12 weeks or so, the odds of losing this baby go down to less than 1%! That's more than 99% chance you'll bring him or her home!
- yes - Zofran causes MAJOR constipation. Your doctor should suggest something to take with it (like a laxative, or stool softener, or fiber supplements). TAKE THEM! I was scared to - but not pooping is the most uncomfortable thing ever!
- yay! So happy to hear that everything is okay on your end. The PAT boards tend to be a bit quieter than the IVF boards -- pregnancy is (or at least, should be!) pretty boring! Any guesses on whether you are having another girl or a boy this time?
- I also spoke too soon! I didn't throw up at all from Friday to Tuesday and thought my morning sickness was gone. But it's back today - and worse than ever! Ugh! I'm glad you are feeling sick
Good luck on the scan tomorrow!
- My doctor keeps saying that with the cerclage, I won't need bed rest (unless things start to change), but I kinda want to stop working (or at least cut back to part time) just to have more relaxing time. I just need to feel like I'm doing everything possible. Hurray for third trimester for you! Are they really worried about 1/2 cm? I've heard that kind of variation can just be different doctors measuring different ways.
- welcome back
Where are you hanging out these days? (Are we FB friends? I don't think so....) I'm so sorry the house thing fell through. We live in a rental and keep talking about buying - but it's so scary! I hate to tell you, but I was sick until the day I delivered everytime (but hopefully not this time!) Is the Zofran helping at least? Let's see some giant twin belly!
- I went for a light shopping trip and lunch with a friend. I'm feeling fine, and didn't get any cramping. (Of course, I felt guilty when my boss called, just to see how I was feeling.... but I'm taking my whole week vacation for this! Besides, 3 of the days I would be missing work were a holiday, so I'm only missing 2 work days anyway.)
But now it's 11pm and I'm awake. Ugh. The nausea kicked up again today and I feel awful. I also have horrific cramps in my lower legs, not sure if that's because I walked around after being in bed for almost a week, or just pregnancy muscle cramps (I got those really bad in previous pregnancies).
OB appt on Monday!