IVF-Infertility.com home

Anyone gone through egg donation? HELP!

Discussion forum for those who had completed their IVF treatments without a successful outcome and are seeking other options such as adoption, surrogacy etc.

Anyone gone through egg donation? HELP!

Postby higgins237 » Fri May 16, 2008 6:06 pm

Could anyone tell me of any donor agencies in Mi? Just went through our 2nd IVF journey which we again had a failed outcome. For me, it's my eggs. I have diminished ovarian reserve and my eggs just don't cooperate. We never made it to transfer stage. I am of course devastated and get seem to begin to understand why. My emotions are a mess and I can't even begin to know what to do next. Our Dr said egg donation and/or adoption are our only choices. I don't know what to do. We don't have any children and I have never been pregnant so this is very hard. All I've ever wanted is to be a mom. Anyone gone through egg donation and could you tell me how to come to grips with the fact I will never have a biological child?
higgins237

Sponsor

Postby summerbaby » Fri May 16, 2008 9:41 pm

Hi Higgins,
Here is a little bit of light at the end of your tunnel --
Just wanted to let you know that in the "General Forum" there is a thread called "Egg heads" -- there you will find lots of support and advice about egg donation from women either going through or who have been through the process.

We are also in a similar situation, trying to decide if egg donation is the next step, or adoption. I can only say that after lots of soul searching, my DH and came to the realization that we'd really like to be parents to a child, even if in the end this child wasn't our biological child -- Everyone has to find a place that they are comfortable with. If either of these options don't work out for us in the end, we'll then have to deal with the idea of being a childless couple and we just aren't ready for that.

Hope the information helps you and I wish you lots of luck on your journey to become parents.

xx Amy
summerbaby
Regular

thanks

Postby higgins237 » Fri May 16, 2008 10:05 pm

Thanks for the support Amy.... it's nice to know I'm not alone in this....thanks for the info
higgins237

donation

Postby amy27 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:01 pm

Higgins237, we too had a failed IVF cycle because my egg quality is poor due to age (37) and chemo that I went through for cancer several years ago. I am a model and actress and graduated with a 4.0 gpa, so the thought of donor eggs was horrible, but once I put my ego aside and realized that raising a baby no matter what DNA it came from was what was most important. I am now 6 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins- we saw both heartbeats yesterday. There is also stuff written about how genes have choices and being in your body, supplying the embryos with your blood can make a difference in what choices are made.. this is where the connection to the mother comes in. I hope this can help you with your decision. I cried buckets but once I made that decision, I have never once looked back. Best of luck and baby dust to you.
amy27

Re: Anyone gone through egg donation? HELP!

Postby Shiella » Sat May 17, 2014 3:43 am

WHy dont you try thishttp://bit.ly/1lxtMqe.It will help you.
Dont lose your hope.
You will be a mom.
Wish you all the best
Shiella

Postby RZachary » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:19 am

I am "Ross", the egg recipient interviewed for this article, and I must admit I looked at the comments with a good deal of trepidation after some of the vitriolic posts I have seen in connection with similar articles in other newspapers. Thank you to those who have not branded me selfish or genetically defective, though some have suggested that we should have adopted. Our daughter is truly the most wonderful thing that has happened in our lives and my feelings of gratitude towards our donor have, if anything, deepened over time. Having gone through the counselling, scans, weeks of injections and the discomfort of egg collection for IVF myself I know how arduous it is, both physically and emotionally. I now know that this amazing woman did this not once, but twice, and has helped 4 couples to become families. "Emma" will grow up always knowing about this special lady and the wonderful medical team who helped to bring her to us, why she is literally one in a million.
RZachary

Postby rahulkumar123 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:58 am

You can try at Sofat infertility centre
wish you luck
rahulkumar123

Postby kakasmall » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:47 pm

awesome post!we love visiting in your site...we will come back soon.

^_^GCLUB มือถือ^_^

^_^ทางเข้าจีคลับ^_^
kakasmall

Return to Life after IVF