IVF-Infertility.com home

Houston artist, looking for a story to tell

Forum for those who have lost their babies through miscarriage, neonatal or stillbirth.

Houston artist, looking for a story to tell

Postby cccat2006 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:27 pm

Hi ladies! I'm a 23 year old divorced mother to a 3 year old, and senior at SHSU studying fine art. I've been looking through these posts, and it makes my heart hurt. I'm working on a series of body paintings dealing with serious issues affecting women and issues of femininity. My first work was on a 7 month pregnant woman celebrating life in the womb. It depicted God's hands "crafting" the child and the mother's heart linked to the child...it's hard to explain, I'll try to post a picture when I condense the size. But no. 2 is going to deal with infertility, and loss of a life before birth. So I was looking for someone who might live in Texas, near the Houston area who would like to help me by being my canvas for the project. But it's very important to me that the model is the one telling the story, and I'm just interpreting visually her emotional struggles. I am very anti-abortion, and I was hoping to find someone who has experienced the yearning for a child, to conceive and carry, that can help me express to others in a powerfully visual way what women don't like to openly talk about, and how much some yearn for a child but cannot attain as easily as those willing to dispose of the same gift.

~Catherine
cccat2006

Re: Houston artist, looking for a story to tell

Postby cccat2006 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:43 pm

Here's the bottom half, I did paint a larger than life size heart that was very realistic and is cropped off from the top of the image, but this is the censored version. Thoughts? Feedback?
cccat2006

Re: Houston artist, looking for a story to tell

Postby riogirl71 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:53 pm

That is beautiful! Quite the depiction of a mother's love for her unborn child!
me 39 + DH 46 low mot - chemo
#3 IVF Lost one twin at 8 wks
#2 IVF May 2010 Ectopic
#1 IVF
riogirl71
Valued Contributor

Return to Babies - Loved and Lost